OneSignal FREE plugin for FREE and UNLIMITED Push Notifications šŸ“±

Donā€™t know it helps, but Bubble has officially partnered with OneSignal to create a plugin :point_down:

2 Likes

Yep I noticed that and I tried it, itā€™s a breeze to setup and so much easier than anything else in this thread.

This is just for web notifications though.

iOS/Android push notifications wonā€™t work unless youā€™re running through something like the Superview wrapper where the OneSignal SDK is a part of it (that can be a pain to get working) but for anyone wanting the web push notifications, then Bubbleā€™s own plugin is certainly the one to use now as @jamesbond linked to.

I can probably write up some guide on how to integrate Superview and OneSignal in another post if I get time as Iā€™ve found myself doing the whole thing a couple of times now.

4 Likes

@jamesbond thanks for the heads up! I tried Bubbleā€™s plugin, but as @pork1977gm says, it works for web notifications only, not for webs wrapped into a mobile app. @pork1977gm if you did that guide, youā€™d become my super(view)hero! Iā€™m now using Jasonelle to wrap the app, but I wouldnā€™t mind to start over again with a different wrapper if that makes the push notifications work on mobile apps! :smiley:

1 Like

Ok Iā€™ll do it but itā€™s going to take me some time, itā€™s fiddly but if you can give us a few days Iā€™ll do it for you and others. Bare in mind I havenā€™t started my xmas shopping yet!!

2 Likes

@pork1977gm that would be absolutely amazing. :pray:

I wrapped my app in Web View Gold and I think the OneSignal SDKā€™s are tied in as I know I had to put my OneSignal ID in the app. So I might give the bubble plugin a try then, thanks to @jamesbond for the heads up on that one!

Iā€™ll give it a shot and report back if I can get it working.

3 Likes

Hi folks!

Iā€™m starting to work on A) turning my web app into a mobile app, and B) push notifications for mobile.

Similar to others, Iā€™m digging through the various options and threads out there on both mobile web wrappers and on push notifications, and hoping for some clarity of what the best approach is.

Iā€™ve got the new Bubble/Onesignal integration (https://manual.bubble.io/bubble-made-plugins/onesignal-web-notifications.html) working on web. Now I need to figure out how to get up and running on Android and iOS, including push notifications, starting with Android first.

It sounds like the best will be to use Superview or a similar wrapper - so Iā€™ll wait to see what @pork1977gm puts together as a guide (thanks so much!). This post (Native MOBILE app - like cheap or FREE šŸ“± with FREE & Unlimited PUSH notifications! šŸ“¬) has a detailed walkthrough using SuperView and push notifications, but is not specific to the new Bubble/Onesignal integration and has greater complexity (I think). If anyone has other suggestions please chime in.

Thanks to all the contributors for helping out a novice!

2 Likes

@kenneth.ettinger, @marktuff, @eurogar

Iā€™ve started writing a guide (or at least I hope it will be!)
in order to give everyone a bit of help with getting OneSignal hooked up and working through Bubble/SuperView. Iā€™ll pop it up as a new post when done rather than adding to this one.

Will keep you updated.
Paul

2 Likes

Will post it tomorrow.

1 Like

You rock, @pork1977gm!!! Thanks a lot for that! Please, let us know over here when the post is live :slight_smile: Thank you!!!

2 Likes

this is the WORST ad ever! lol @Bubble can you remove it please and also ban this user?

1 Like

hello good night, could you explain to me how do i create new segmentations for the users and put each user in its proper segment?

Might be very late to the party but after reading this thread for hours I still can`t find the way to save the player id in my database when the page is loaded. i swa in the tutorial video that in the workflow there is a ā€œrun javascriptā€ but i failed to find the code itself. Can anyone help with this please?

This https://pastebin.com/FxMdzAZW ?

can I send a notification after the condition is true?

of course!

sorry can you help me with this? I was unable to send a notification due to my editorā€™s condition.

I am sorry, support for the free version has been deprecated. You can check the PRO version which is easier and has extra functionality, bonus: comes with free limited support.
Thank you for your understanding!

hello all! i have a chat app with bubble already published and i want to know if this plugin (the pro one actually) can make my app give autmaticaly push notif at any message received by user. Thank you!

Hello, the pro version can help you achieve any type of notification you may need.