Online/Offline notification

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can have an idacator that shows when the user is logged in or not. Similar to the way Facebook does it with Active and not Active.

I tried Condition: “The element is visible when Current Page user is logged in” shows online status and vice versa. But nothing changes when a user logs in or out. The online element is still there.

*The square is the indicator for now

Here’s a plugin for that.

Additionally, there are a couple of posts in the forum on this topic. For example: How do I display logged in users online status

3 Likes

Actually I’ve just implemented this myself using the video in the link above to help and it works well, although I couldn’t quite get the RG to update when the user logged out (not without a page refresh anyway) but that’s fine my purposes. It updates fine (including any counts when a user logs in)

Very helpful it was :slight_smile:

The efactive plugin looks brilliant, I just couldn’t get my head around how to implement it! Must have been having one of those brain dead moments… If you manage to implement a working solution using it, it would be great to get some info in this post.

The thought of using a “do every x seconds” when you might potentially have hundreds of users logged in is a little daunting for me but I couldn’t figure out another way.

I tried using Efactive but it is not working. I tried to research other posts but I cannot seem to find if I need to have any workflows in regards to Efactive.

See here:

1 Like

That video linked helped and did the trick. Thanks again man

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.