Online vs Inperson

Hello guys, I am building a website for Speakers, and they can attend either you:

• In-person event
or
• Online event

Each one has different Pricing and Info that reflects when selected. And there are 2 options I figured I could do it:

Option 1
Create 2 pages for each Speaker:

1. Online event Speaker page
  2. In-person event Speaker page

And when a user selects “Online” button in the home page, the Speaker’s listing will lead them to the " 1. Online event Speaker page" and vice versa if they choose in-person.

Option 2 (I don’t know how to do it)
When you’re on the Speaker’s profile page, where pricing is showing, there will be 2 buttons:

Online: If you clicked it, you will be shown the info related to Online event and the relevant pricing.

In-person: If you clicked it, you will be shown the info related to In-person event and the relevant
pricing.

My questions are:

1. Which is better, option 1 or 2? Or maybe there is a better way than both?
  2. If it is option 2, how do I go about doing it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Option 2!!! 100%.

Use custom states on the page so the user can flip back and forth from the Online view and the In-Person view.

Hi!

Seems like you’re building something awesome!

I would definitely go for the second option. The first option is not only hassle to manage but it is also time-consuming since you’d be building and managing two pages.

For option 2, you could simply have 2 fields on your product’s data type called online price and in person price

To show and hide the price and details accordingly, you could utilize states.

There are a lot of nuances and possible ways to implement this but here is how I would have a crack at it:

1. Add the fields that I mentioned
  2. Create a text state on the page named priceType
  3. Create the groups and the necessary details for online price group and in person price group
  • Groups should be hidden by default and only visible if it matches the state
  1. Set the state accordingly when buttons online or in person are clicked

Hope this helps!

Best,
Nino

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.