[openBuild] UI Builder & Personal Library for Bubble: easily build custom design in your bubble app

Love it - awesome!

1 Like

Hi Renato, thanks!

The Personal Library is only to be used personally. We are working on the Team plan which allows you to create multiple collections, add components to any and share those with team members. We are working this out as we speak!

Will keep you posted!

1 Like

I thought I visited a roadmap via your web page yesterday and now I can’t find it…

I was going to suggest support for external icon libraries or even the paid Font Awesome library

1 Like

Hey Chad,

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something to add in our roadmap. The question for us would be how to deliver it to the editor, through which Bubble element, an image or an HTML block…Curious about your thoughts on it…

interesting. any chance of making this plugin on firefox?

2 Likes

I think the way most people are doing it is via the HTML element

See here - Font Awesome 5 support

I haven’t done it this way yet but it would be nice to see the icon… it may be complicated where there needs to be a plugin

1 Like

Once the product is settled and profitable :wink: we would want to add support for different browsers for sure.

This is amazing and game changer. I want to try it but I’m getting a 404 error. I think I’m doing something wrong. Do you have documentation somewhere on this?

Edit: Okay saw documentation but I’m not seeing any black tile

Sorry about that. It seems Gitbook is having some issues and it was affecting our entire domain. The service should be back up now!

We launched the first template in the openBase series. Its fully compatible with openBuild so customizing is now super easy!

We also redesigned the Roadmap and will make that available as a feature in openBuild soon.

4 Likes

Today we added a new collection:

Components to build your social network! Next up: ecommerce/checkout!

Go to the library extension and either click the collection or filter on ‘new components’ to see them!

ezgif.com-optimize (10)

We are working on a template collaboration with @Thimo. We should be able to publish something cool next week :smiley:

2 Likes

Exciting news!

We created a new type of component: Pages. There will be a lot more full pages to come that you can put in your app in a single click. For now we use it to distribute a Tutorial Page to showcase how the components and and framework work together to create responsive layouts.

You can try this page on the free plan.

openbuild-page-tutorial

9 Likes

We just added another new collection to openBuild: :shopping_cart:eCommerce. From product listing, to shopping cart, order review, delivery and payment: we have a complete UI package for that now. Check it out and let us know if you miss anything!

We also pushed a new version with some minor (but important) changes.

deploy:1.52 | 07 Jul 2020 10:29
 Metadata parse + keywords - Fixed an issue with meta data extraction from uploaded components.
 Delete items - You can now select multiple tasks and delete them in bulk from the extension.
 Failed payment workflow - Added a workflow to deal with failed payments on Stripe Checkout V3
3 Likes

@vincent56 … I am using the OpenBuild template and it is awesome!

Question … in the containers … there is this element called “Collapsible”. I delete it every time I used it without understanding its purpose.

Apologies, but would mind explaining what is the purpose of it?

Many thanks!
Santosh
https://www.mypad.in

1 Like

Hi Santosh!

The collabsible is there so you can vertically collapse your groups without having to delete them. This way, you do not have to worry about resizing all your groups vertically to take care of white space, weird margins and super long pages.

Another big benefit of keeping the containers this size is when you want to add additional content, it’s super easy. Instead of having to expand the group you want to fit the content in and having to move all the groups below downward, you simply resize the collapsible and add your content in the newly ‘created’ space.

The whole philosophy of building like this, is that you do not build groups on top of groups but rather below. So Screen 1 starts at y=xpx and Screen 2 starts at y=500px instead of also 0. This makes working in your page a lot easier.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions, let me know!

3 Likes

That’s a huge work, very useful, thanks guys!
Do you have a “pay us a coffee” button or something similar ?

1 Like

No but we do have an ‘Upgrade to premium’ button :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve been using openBuild premium for the last week or so and it really is fantastic and totally worth it. Saved a huge amount of time fiddling around with UI elements.

Excited to see the premium starter template which I think is coming soon!

7 Likes

Hi, @vincent56 I’m finding the UI builder very useful, but I can’t seem to get the checkbox element to work.

Although the conditions seem OK to me. When I preview the page the checkbox won’t change colour or icon.

I’ve used it on both my design and also on the openBuild template. I’m uncertain as to what is wrong, can offer any suggestions?

Hard to see without looking at the editor. Are you sure the checked state is changed?