Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Other No-Code Alternatives

Anyone else tried https://tadabase.io/ already? Anyone care to comment on the differences between Tadabase and Bubble? I just signed up but can’t access it at work… D’oh. I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried it and what their first impressions are as compared to bubble. I have been using Bubble for a few years now and wondering how it compares and if it is as easy to learn as Bubble was. If no comments then I will just have to wait till I get home to try it out.

Seems like there are a bunch of very expensive options out there for No-Code Platforms but it does look like there are some cheaper alternatives out there still.

Would love to hear your experience as it compares to each of the following No-Code/Low-Code programs out there.

No-Code Platforms:

1. tadabase.io

2. www.outsystems.com

3. www.bettyblocks.com

4. wappler.io/index

5. www.quickbase.com

6. https://www.crossui.com/

7. www.apps-builder.com/pricing

8. kissflow.com

9. https://www.inboldsolutions.com/app-builder.html

10. https://developers.google.com/appmaker/overview

6 Likes

Hey @J805!

Just wanted to comment on my experience with a few others. In the past, I’ve used platforms such as QuickBase, Caspio, OutSystems, and several others; more-so all leaning toward the higher price mark.

One thing I found that they all had in common, was the inability to customize the desired look and feel of the overall application. The platforms do provide the NoCode feel, however it’s almost as if they all have ‘one’ template (Stock headers etc), which is to use their branding style with the ability to add ‘modules’ or ‘widgets’ to the pages. Out of the ones I have experience with, I’d say Caspio and QuickBase are powerful, but still have yet to find an alternative that gives me the ability to customize the look and feel, along with specific behavior that I desire without spending my entire life savings trying to build something, lol!

Although I haven’t heard of TadaBase, it looks interesting and will have to take it for a test drive. I’m fairly picky about platforms (due to reasons listed above), which is why one of the reasons I’ve been so loyal to the Bubble platform for quite some time as it is still on a different level than the rest, in the ability to create products that are unique with the desired behavior without breaking the bank.

7 Likes

I believe tadabase is closer to quickbase than Bubble.

The only real alternative to Bubble right now seems to be Wappler. Except for the platform management.

And that can be seen as an advantage or disadvantage depending on your needs and knowledge.

The good thing about wappler is that you own the code which is definitely an advantage.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying with your insights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awe, that’s too bad about tadabase. I will keep looking for more options. I check every few months or so.

saw this on another forum yesterday, has a free plan.
i think think this could be mobile only but unclear.

3 Likes

This is my personal list of apps that are similar to bubble:

Configure.it
Justinmind
Wappler
Webflow

3 Likes

Cool. I will take a look. :+1:

Good list. I will take a look at those too. :+1:

I’ll echo this experience.
My personal favorite 10yrs ago for nocode backend was Caspio as well.
Very rapid prototyping AND robust logic flows. ie,
a determined analyst/biz_manager/non_coder could deliver an effective CRUD app in 8hrs that 2x external teams of devs took ~14 days to deliver something comparable.
Why/how? Because of so much ‘waiting for feedback’ delays.
They weren’t lazy - just a lousy feedback loop.

Conclusion - get the right WYSIWYG tool into a motivated biz managers hands… and you’ve just saved the IT department loads of time.

1 Like

My experience is that the solution depends on what you’re trying to do. Also, while using a no code platform can save a lot of time, actually finding the right platform takes a ton of time. That’s because the limitations of a platform for your specific project are hard to find until you build your project in that platform. My advice is to bake that discovery process into your timeline.

Justinmind is prototyping tool

Infinable.io seems interesting. Based in Europe, so GDPR might not be an issue for European users.

1 Like