Passing URL parameters to another page

I’m trying to send a data field parameter (id) from one page to another, so I can display the data for that particular id in the second page. However, when I use a group to grab the id through a search, i get an error saying that i can only display a single datafield, rather than a list of data fields…this means i can only show the first item in the list, rather than search…see screenshot.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?
Picture1

A group can contain only one entity.
If you need to display a list use RG

Thanks for responding!

I am trying to show a single listing rather that display a list of listings, so RG is not what I’m after.

However, I fixed the problem with help from zeroqode.com… I needed to make my search pick up the first item only.

See the pic below for the correct way to get an element to pick up data based on ID number in the page’s URL.

p.s. I actually had to delete the page and rebuild - this was the only way to get it to work!

Thanks for this. I’m trying to accomplish the same thing and could use your help with this now that you’ve figured this out. For starters, how do you get the original page to send the id as a parameter that you ‘catch’ on the next page. Sorry, totally noob at this and figuring things out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Sean

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.