Passwordless login with Bubble and Auth0

I have been messing around with auth0.com for a while on bubble.

Most recently with Sendpilot to allow us to attach multiple social media accounts with oauth, and also to do the infamous oauth1 Twitter posting.

One of the things that auth0 offers out of the box and free … is passwordless authentication via SMS or Email.

You set it up just like any API Connector, and configure the auth0 back end as you need.

Really very quick.

Here is a scrappy little demo using email.

Note, this uses the Bubble user process as standard, so no tokens or codes are shared or stored.

19 Likes

Hi @NigelG, can you share more detailed informations and samples about this? Thank you

Yes, of course.

Need to check this out. Thanks for posting about this!

Is it possible to share the bubble view, so the Auth0 integration can be studied…

i’d be super interested to know how you did this :slight_smile:

Sorry, things have been overwhelming with Sendpilot.

Will post the details when I get a clear moment.

2 Likes

Hi @NigelG I’ve seen a couple threads where you mention being able to use Auth0 with a Bubble app, but no details on how it is done. I’m very interested in this as well as the others. Can you provide any details to get us started? I’ve tried a plugin, but it’s not working at the moment and I’d like to see how/if it can be done directly in our Bubble app. Thanks!

Hello guys I was able to successfully setup API connector & Auth0 here are the settings : [New plugin] đź”’ Auth0 integration
Hope it helps,

1 Like

Does this allow The same person to login in via email or phone simultaneously?
More specifically after they sign up do they have the option of logging in via either method

Hey @NigelG I know this thread is kinda old, but any chance we could get editor access to see how you’ve done this?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Does this also enable the passwordless login or just the social login via other accounts?

This is “almost” working for me. I get the login from AUTH0 showing, I login, and I get redirected to my bubble application, but it shows an error:

API Connector error: the Oauth2 API Auth0 is not configured properly - Received error from API

Any ideas @stephane ?

I set up the API as it shows in the screenshot, added a “login” button, and created an action to signup/login with a social network, and selected the AUTH0 API.

@alon2 You need to be in debug mode Troubleshooting OAuth2.0 Error - #13 by bakercito