PDF Conjurer (updated free plugin, now saving to database)

Yes!
You’re welcome :blush:

2 Likes

First of all, congratulations on the post. Now help me with a question, please. (1) Is there any way to place images in the columns? Because when trying to join, this results in the column:

No way to render images inside tables yet, can be a future improvement (:

2 Likes

Cheering for that meu amigo! :+1:

1 Like

@vini_brito, any clue to my question? I would be great if you could help me…

Hi! Not at all right now, but soon I’ll be publishing a new update that will improve the way images are loaded behind the scenes and maybe it will help your case (:

2 Likes

is it possible to schedule the pdf conjurer to create files overnight. I have users who cannot create whilst on site due to connectivity issues so i would like to create any forms which are missing the pdf file overnight as part as a scheduled update.

Not right now, but when we have the server side version of it, it will be possible to do so in backend workflows. I’m articulating with some interested people and it’s possible it’ll happen in the next month.

1 Like

I just installed this plugin for a project at my work, and I’ve skimmed this thread a bit so maybe I missed something, but I have a few questions.

We’re trying to print out orders which a user selects from a repeating group of orders, and each order could have multiple products as a part of it.

1. Is it possible to print out all these orders as they get turned into PDFs?
  2. Is it possible to insert the image of every item into the PDF as it’s getting made? Right now I’m putting products in as a table but I don’t know how I would add their images along with them.

Yes, and your timing is good as I have an update that will likely help you on these points:

The often requested, the built in loop feature is finally ready and available!

Also, a lot of behind the scenes changes were made, but don’t worry, the only breaking change is about images:
No need to place image names anymore, however this means that existing workflows with any action with no image URL will now need the URL instead of just the name.
This makes it better for new workflows but will require manual intervention for existing workflows.

Now on to the juicy part of the update! Here’s the documentation for the new “Built in loop” so you can repeat a specific structure inside the PDF in a dynamic way:

Editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=builtin_loop&id=pdf-conjurer-testbed&test_plugin=1543086664409x454646894723334140_current&tab=tabs-1

Run mode: https://pdf-conjurer-testbed.bubbleapps.io/version-test/builtin_loop?debug_mode=true

After reading the explanation and looking into the demonstration workflows, feel free to try it in your app!
I’m all ears to feedback on this, feel free to send it to me in a private message.

Also, am talking with a few people about some new improvements to land in the next couple months, if and when they’re available I’ll be making a completely updated single documentation piece, so nobody will have to go through 300 posts anymore.

5 Likes

Nice one @vini_brito

Thanks a lot for such a great plugin and support by you man.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

This new version is excellent, could you do an example with conditions into the repeating structure please, for example, I have a list of answers and I want to include an image for positive answers and another image for negative answers.
Thanks in advance @vini_brito

Hi Edwin! Conditionals are still not applied internally/per repetition (you can still apply whole structure conditionals) and since I released that version an idea has popped (gotta love the creative side of the brain) to allow bidirectional logic only.
Like passing a list of yes/no’s and each repetition will evaluate it and act differently.

To fully use the conditional powers (multi conditionals) of Bubble we’d need to use another system entirely, which is using different workflows and that’s precisely what this feature avoids, since it can already be done using a second plugin focused on loops.

But I haven’t taken a deep dive on it to know better yet, will do so when I get to the other stuff we’re already planning :blush:
Am trying to do a batch upgrade to the plugin.

Once I’ve conjured multiple PDFs, is there a way to combine them all? For example, if I make a PDF for 5 orders, can I then combine all those orders into 1 PDF?

No currently the feature to merge PDFs is not implemented, I’d have to experiment with it first to tell for sure it could be implemented in Bubble (:
Consider placing the orders in the same PDF upon creation, that’s a possible logic.

Hi @vini_brito, I’m using the plugin and got this error message:

The plugin PDF Conjurer / action Create text on a PDF Model threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘columns’ of undefined
at eval (PLUGIN_PDF-Conjurer-element_action–PDF-Model-Create-text-on-.js:4:85)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/edc85f64ed8c40234b34bcb06fe60a92d6eafc989e34f03bc8106be9cebbae3a/xfalse/x10:15:479091 (please report this to the plugin author)

Am I doing something wrong? The PDF is generated without (visible) errors.

No visible errors? Is everything showing up fine in the PDF? That’s odd. Maybe check if a text is missing or positioned away from where you want?

1 Like

I got the same problem and after checking different options I realized it happens when I include a table without titles

Hi @vini_brito
Thank you for amazing plugin.
I have an issue with the text styling inside repeating structure.
The styling of the text cannot be applied when text is from the list and used with repeating structure. Am I right?

Styling should be normally applied, can you share me an example of that so I know where to look into? Workflow action screenshots and a screenshot of the resulting PDF would be great! Can be via private message if you wish.

2 Likes