PDF Conjurer (updated free plugin, now saving to database)

Hi @edwinbolanosb :

I just figured it out last night and it works! I finally did it.

You were right - the conjure a PDF model should have been at the end of the iteration sequence and should only occur when the current iteration number equals the count of the items in the list.

Thank you for generously replying. I hope the above does help some other stuck Bubbler. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent news. Congrats!

2 Likes

Uh, actually, you can already load custom fonts, so you can try and see if loading a japanese font will do the trick.
It currently only supports left to right text, so languages that require right to left direction won’t work.

Let me know if this helped and any results you may find if you do the test :blush:

The QR wasn’t me creating it, the bubbler already had it configured and I just ran it, but you can use pretty much any QR Code generator plugin, grab the image and put it inside the PDF :wink:

Hi Vini,

Thank you so much for this plugin and for your way of improving it and helping the community.

I’m trying to create an invoice template and there is some kind of problems with the advanced table going on through multiple pages :

Thank you so much for your help.
Also me and my friend we want to help the Conjurer users by releasing our invoices templates in a public app.

Best, Romain

@romain.lessard
Hello! Thanks for the kind words! :blush:
I’ve just pushed an update that should address the table row splitting in two pages.

I’m unsure if it will help with the header not being respected, but please test and show me how your PDF is coming out now, okay?
Nonetheless, with the header you can try to solve it by applying a top margin to the page or to the table element.

This thing has been up so long and so many views. Congrats and it must be really good ima have to try it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @vini_brito,
Is it possible with your plugin to create several PDF based on several lines of a repeating group ?
I have a list of orders and I would like to generate all the delivery orders with just the click of one button.
Thanks for your answer

@vini_brito
Hi Vini!
Wow i’m super impressed how fast you brought the update :exploding_head:

It’s working like a charm, rows in advanced tables wont split anymore.
Regarding the header problem, it’s been solved by adding the page a custom top margin, the margin being at least the height of the logo. As I understand from my testings, you can set the exact height of the header and footer by appying a custom top or bottom margin on the page.

Thats how the pdf is coming out now:

Once again, thank you so much for your help :pray:

1 Like

Yes. (:

Hi @vini_brito this plugin is so useful.
Thanks for this…
I am able to generate the required and customized pdf as per my need but sometime the pdf comes completely blank even though the data is passed properly, can you please suggest me on this.

sample link:

Hi @vini_brito,

Here using an advanced table, it might seems that the custom margins applied into a column wont apply to his column header. Here is the example :

I hope this will help!

Hello all ! does someone know how to put vertical space between elements ? in my case between a text and a table.

Yep, you can use custom margins. In the text element that is the header you can use the margin bottom settings.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know that, I’ll see to updating it next time I work on PDF Conjurer (:

I have some trouble to apply style in Advanced table. Do I miss something ?
image image

@vini_brito is there a way to prompt the print window to print a pdf on a printer ?

@vini_brito after updating to the latest version of PDFConjurer (3.0.0), I noticed that the style I was applying to header text in a “Create Table on a PDF Model” was not being applied anymore (the header text was getting the same style as the body text style). I tried downgrading the plugin version to 2.5.1 and the issue persisted. Downgrading to 2.5.0 fixed the issue. Can you double-check that the table header style code wasn’t broken with the latest updates?

@vini_brito do you know if there is any way to produce an error message or add to the server logs when the action “Conjure PDF Model” fails? I’ve been using your amazing plugin with my app for several weeks and it has been working well in the development environment. After moving it to my live environment for a few days, I’ve now come across one case that simply won’t generate as a PDF and I cannot figure out what the problem is. For all other cases, the plugin is working properly and generating the PDFs properly, it just seems to be one edge case causing an issue.

For reference, in my app I am creating a PDF that is saved to the database and private, and from the debugging I’ve done (I’ve spent several hours trying to track down the issue) it seems that for this one case the action “A PDF Model finished uploading and is available in element state” is not ever being called. I’m not getting any errors when running the app and can’t find anything in the server logs that indicates an error either so I’m at a loss for what the issue could be. The PDF model has one image that is always the same for all documents (and loads fine in other cases) and the only dynamic content is text. I’ve done a debug step-by-step on the workflow for this one issue case and it seems that all dynamic fields are being populated in the workflow and it reaches the “Conjure PDF” action without any errors, but then nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide for this very obscure/tricky bug.

@vini_brito sorry for all the posts, but after some additional debugging, I was able to narrow down this bug to a table added to the PDF model. The contents of one of the columns displays IP addresses which are stored as text in the database (e.g. 123.34.111.123). For some reason, one user’s IP address value is causing the Conjure PDF step to error out and the PDF is therefore not being generated. Is there some way to add protection around the text inputs of table column to avoid this issue? If you need the specific IP address that is causing this issue in order to do testing/debugging on your end I can provide it privately. Thanks.