PDF Conjurer (updated free plugin, now saving to database)

@vini_brito

I get a console error with status 403 (forbidden) for the cloudfront/xxxx/pdfmake.js.map - I tried multiple versions of the plugin, all the same. Has worked for a long time, so seems like a sudden error!

Edit: It seems like an error in the way bubble handles the plugins shared resources with cloudfront, as the client gets a 403. Just sent a bug-report. I can’t create pdf’s at the moment :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for telling me about it! And if possible, let me know if Bubble did something about it :blush:

The plugin PDF Conjurer action Create text on a PDF Model threw the following error: ReferenceError: getParser is not defined
at eval (PLUGIN_1543086664409x454646894723334140PDF-Conjurer-element_action–PDF-Model-Create-text-on-.js:7:24)
at https:dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.netpackagerun_debug_js422158f310c9b5fde5cc540040453740503d598b0f2515a5a9328ccc676eb459xfalsex15:6:2289547 (please report this to the plugin author)

Same error, any solution?

I need more information to answer. Those getParser error messages might have several root causes?

On my side the issue was not BBcode related as I thought in the first place. It was related to the element I retrieve data from.

Changing Current User's Repairer firstName to Parent's group Appointment Repairer firstName solved the issue. I could afford this because luckily I store the data I want to to display on both the current user and the parent group thing in that specific case. That might not be the case for everybody.

So my advice is to first look at your workflow to see if you’re printing current user’s data. Try to remove that to see if it solves the issue. If it solves the issue try to call that data from somewhere else than current user.

No, the getParser error seems to come from a single point of failure.
@endpay.app Are you on the most recent version?

@vini_brito

Hey Vini, really getting some great PDF’s with the Plugin. Question, the plugin seems to be taking some time on page load. Is this something you’ve noticed? The plug is a must for my app, so just wondering if you have any thoughts or have ever experienced the same?

Also for context I’m loading up a large dashboard with some heavy data pulls, but I have those optimized for speed and don’t seem to be the lag on load.

1 Like

Following up here, the Chrome console shows that there is a file that is unresolved.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://dd7tel2830j4w.cloudfront.net/f1606176514198x558433558399571440/pdfmake.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Error

Code AccessDenied /Code

Message Access Denied /Message

RequestId QG8JD3TVSN21PEMF /RequestId

HostId mGIefe6AcPqIJ8sfOeG+tMIHm6UXlMMPJXxcELGvpA0W1lc5a3gbjjWwMR7izseFwr/CNTVt6N8= /HostId

/Error

Anything I can do on my end to resolve this? Holds Chrome for about 4-6 seconds in Idle time trying to resolve it appears. I could be wrong though as I’m not a professional developer and only beginning to use devtools. Love this plugin and very thankful for all of the work here.

The error should have no practical effect and the plugin should not affect the page load time, but if you notice any difference in the page’s behavior then do let me know!

After more research, your plugin is not the issue at all. It appears after more testing that it is just the way Bubble retrieves the scripts that takes longer as the page gets longer. The strange 4-6 seconds of idle time is apparently pretty common. Thanks again.

Hey @vini_brito,

I’d appreciate any help you can give me on an issue I’ve encountered:

Version: 3.4.1

I’m currently trying to loop through a list of questions and answers and pop them into a PDF with a couple of actions at the beginning to set up a cover page. I’ve set up the front end PDF generation which fires on a button click. I’ve constructed a loop that I think might be the issue. I’ve got 2 events that call each other, event 1 is an exact replica of event 2 but triggers the other with a condition to stop once an index has been reached that gets bumped up by 1 each iteration (my best attempt at constructing a for loop to keep adding questions and answers).

I’ve tested the PDF generation with 1 iteration and no loop, everything seems to be generating fine there.

Thank you for any help

Stuart

Searched the thread couldn’t find if anyone else have had this problem. If i missed it, sorry for reposting. I can’t seem to have the style to affect text in advanced table. Tried inserting the style within the start and end of the table as well with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @vini_brito,

Is there any word on a back-end version of this great plugin?

It works on backend workflows :blush:

1 Like

Hi @vini_brito The GetParser error is back and I didnt touch anything on the PDFModel workflow. Any idea where it could come from ?

No idea! :joy:
Kidding.
Are you on latest version?
If so, then file a bug report here: Unlimited Bubbling - Report a bug

Hi fellow Conjurers
Does anyone know why a dynamic image from the database (DB type Image, file tyle .jpeg) is breaking the Conjure? When I remove the image or upload a static image it works well!
Thanks

1 Like

You probably need to do Search for Customer Company’s :firstitem’s logo

You current expression is technically returning a list (even if just one value), so to make sure it returns a single value use :firstitem

3 Likes

Thanks @equibodyapp but no success.

I’ve read something above about pausing the workflow before image upload but this is not working either.

I’ve put the dynamic URL into a text box and its format is per the below image. This looks different to the static image format which is //s3.

Don’t worry, PDF Conjurer accepts both URLs starting with // and https://.
It is something else.

Hey @vini_brito

I’ve adjusted the original image upload to be public, unchecking ‘make this file private’ and it is now working. It seems to not like private files by default.

Is there a way around this?

Cheers

S