Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

PDF Conjurer (updated free plugin, now saving to database)

I’ve figured it out. That was my actually first day on bubble so I may ask silly questions.

I’ve added an API Connector part to get data on front and everything worked :slight_smile:

Some kind of tutorial on that would be really for newbies like me. I mean, the core value of the plugin is to download the PDF finally . So few samples of use cases like:

• automatically download pdf
  • set the link on the page with downloadable pdf

Would be pretty handy for those like me :smiley:

2 Likes

Can the advance table be used in the repeating structure? Not seeing an option on start advanced table or end advanced table : /

Thanks in advance!

Nope for structural reasons, but you can use a looping plugin, something like Simple Looper or List shifter.

Thanks for the quick reply Vini!

1 Like

Hi vini_brito ,
first of all thanks for the greater plugin …
I have a problem, my data is in the Arabic language which is UTF-8 encoding ,
right now my data is displayed at the generated PDF as symbols

, any way to solve the problem?

In the Repeating Group, it correctly shows the data in column 6

However, in the pdf conjurer, I cannot put in 1 line (record), a field with N text list

That is, I have 1 bid that has a field Observacoes_gerais that is a text list and I cannot generate the printing of the N text list for the bid.

In short:

How can I, for example, generate 1 record whose column has several items?

An example too, would be a delivery application, where 1 order would have N items.

I need a column to show the delivery order items.

Somebody ?

Ended up using it to just create one page. I just have it setup now so when the user first finishes creating the item it makes the PDF. Then when the user selects download, if just one is selected it downloads it. If two are selected, it merges then downloads.

Seperate question though, it’s been working great the past few days then all of a sudden it’s like the PDF Conjurer plugin just stopped working. Any idea? Don’t want to but thinking about uninstalling it and reinstalling it : /

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling plugin, no luck.

Tried copying the workflow and deleting the old one, no luck either.

Were you able to figure it out sigsis?

@chaoscow
That’s bad! Well, do you see any error messages, anything gets logged to the browser console, does it conjure a blank file, what happens? Do set to “yes” the “debug” field in the “Conjure” action if it is client side (on the browser, which means using PDF Model A/B/C/X).

@shawqi.jw Try using a custom font, one that supports arabic. Roboto is the default and it only supports latin characters as far as I know.

Hey Vini, thanks for the quick reply. Did the debug thing, had it save as text to a new data. Here’s what it pulled: Sorry I have no idea what i’m reading lol so your help as always is greatly appreciated!

{“content”:[{“pageBreak”:“unspecified”,“columns”:[{“text”:“Britton Morse\nPO BOX 41\nKennedale, TX 76060\n(682) 272-5124\n\nDate: 10/26/22\n\n\nInvoice #: 6251\nPO #: Estimate \nAddress: 4320 dickason\nApt./Ste.: Railing paint “,“style”:“header4left”,“margin”:[0,0,0,25],“pageBreak”:“unspecified”,“width”:“auto”},{“text”:“INVOICE”,“style”:“header2right”,“margin”:[0,0,0,0],“pageBreak”:“unspecified”,“width”:”"}]},{“table”:{“headerRows”:1,“dontBreakRows”:true,“keepWithHeaderRows”:1,“widths”:["”,“auto”],“body”:[[{“text”:“Work Completed”,“style”:“Header 4 Center”},{“text”:“Price”,“style”:“Header 4 Center”}],[{“text”:" Touch up both staircases railings steps ect",“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:3200,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:" Full paint all hand rail on all floors",“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:" Paint entire exterior perimiter fence “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” Price is for labor only all materials will be property owners responsibility",“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:" “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}],[{“text”:” “,“style”:“Header 4 Left”,“margin”:null},{“text”:null,“style”:“Header 4 Right”,“margin”:null}]]},“margin”:null,“layout”:“no layout specified”,“pageBreak”:“unspecified”},{“text”:“Total: $3200”,“style”:“header4right”,“margin”:null,“pageBreak”:“unspecified”}],“background”:[{“image”:“httpss3amazonawscomappforest_uff1666289334244x696753944653558900morse_painting_3WCjpg”,“pageBreak”:“unspecified”,“width”:600,“height”:null,“margin”:[0,250,0,0]}],“styles”:{“header4left”:{“color”:”#000000",“fontSize”:17,“bold”:false,“italics”:false,“alignment”:“left”,“font”:“Roboto”,“lineHeight”:1},“header4center”:{“color”:"#000000",“fontSize”:17,“bold”:false,“italics”:false,“alignment”:“center”,“font”:“Roboto”,“lineHeight”:1},“header4right”:{“color”:"#000000",“fontSize”:17,“bold”:false,“italics”:false,“alignment”:“right”,“font”:“Roboto”,“lineHeight”:1},“header2right”:{“color”:"#000000",“fontSize”:31,“bold”:false,“italics”:false,“alignment”:“right”,“font”:“Roboto”,“lineHeight”:1}},“pageSize”:“A4”,“pageOrientation”:“portrait”,“pageMargins”:[15,15,15,15],“images”:{“httpss3amazonawscomappforest_uff1666289334244x696753944653558900morse_painting_3WCjpg”:“https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1666289334244x696753944653558900/morse_painting_3WC.jpg"},“info”:{“title”:"6251.pdf”}}

whelp, your example still works so def not a plugin wide thing.

Looks like whatever it was, was outside my control lol. Spent four hours messing on the development side and never figured it out. Went to mess with it again this evening and went to test it and it was working on the live side. Never adjusted the live side lol.

1 Like

Is it possible to change the line color for tables or advanced tables? Black looks a bit too old school and transactional for what I am trying to create.

@mmm Hi Mike! There is no option to do that currently exposed, but that feature could be added into the plugin eventually.

Would be happy to see! For now, I am combining repeating structure and multi column structures with divider elements which will be good enough for my use case and works like a charm so far.

One thing that would be pretty neat to see added to this extension are form fields. Not quite sure how PDFs work, but is it possible to add them to PDF Conjurer so that we can predefine fields customers need to fill out by opening the PDF via their Browser / Acrobat Reader?

Thanks

Hello!
I’m trying to create embedded repeating groups and really struggling.
Idea being we generate an inspection.

There is a list of things to be inspected, then each question below it.
All the data exists, I just can’t figure out how to nest a list of repeating data within another on the PDF.

Any ideas would be really appreciated!
Cheers,
Rory

I think it can be added as well.

1 Like

Hello I’m trying to do something like this with this wonderful Plugin

2 column with on the left some text with different line and on the right and image or other text.
does anyone has an idea on how to do it ?
Thanks

Hi, I keep getting this error on my WF. This pdf will be quite long and I’m not even finished with the first page. Is there a solution to this?