Phone Number Input with Formatting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, I have a customer who is trying to register a phone number from Austria. But the formatting seems to be incorrect as the number is one character too long. Could you check if this is a bug of yours?

Another problem: In Brazil, there are phones that, in addition to the DDD, have 9 digits, and cell phones also have 8 digits. The most common is with 9, but it still has 8. The plugin is not validating with 8 digits besides the ddd

Hello @maiconalpradodesa

Thanks for reaching out.

Currently, the plugin accepts 10 digits from an Austrian number. Can you please provide the number that you were trying to use? Or at least an example of such a number

Same for the request with the Brazilian numbers, please provide an example so we can test and see if there is a need for an update.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Brazil: example +551291234567

Currently only allows +5512991234567

Austria
registration or similar number accurately
+43 677 63044073

Thanks for your patience @maiconalpradodesa

We have fixed the issue with the Austrian phone numbers, however, the issue with the Brazilian numbers still remains as these phone numbers haven’t been added by Google, therefore we can’t do an update regarding those numbers. Please upgrade to 1.45.0 to see the changes for the Austrian numbers.

In case you have any other questions, simply let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi!

Even selecting that the field cannot be blank, this does not work. When creating an item in the database, the workflow follows even if it is blank.

Hi @maiconalpradodesa,
Thank you for your patience.

We have checked your report and the option “This input should not be empty” in the PhoneNumberInput element sends the value in the plugin Custom State called Correctness (Yes/No).
In order to avoid saving empty data in your database or incorrect number you have to add this condition.
Please check the screenshots below:

Summary

Also, you can use the same principle and plugin Correctness custom state to allow or deny some actions of the workflow, for instance, if it’s a login form → log the user in only when Phone Correctness is Yes.

Hope it helps.
In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to help. :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

@ZeroqodeSupport Please, in Mexico telephone numbers have 10 digits, I can’t use this plugin in this country, it’s important for my project that you fix it as soon as possible, thank you…

Edit: Solved, adding one digit more in the placeholder input!

1 Like

Hi, I am experiencing again some trouble with the input. When I load the input with some “Default Value” coming from a parent thing, I cannot edit neither edit the phone value or just delete the phone. When I do so the phone value is restored to its original one when unfocusing the input.

See video: https://jmp.sh/Tlw52cK2

Hi @rentquota, thanks for your message and shared video.
For a better understanding of your case, please share (in DM) a video with the plugin element setup.
It will allow us to replicate it on our side and identify the possible cause.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

hi, great plugin. is there a way to make tel number autocomplete=“on”?

Hi @kakayad, thanks for your question.

We’re afraid that currently our plugin doesn’t provide such a feature. Please check if the “Default value” and “Placeholder” fields may serve to your project requirements.

If there will be any other questions about our plugin, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,

We are using the input extensively across our app but we are not able to force the plugin to recognize whether the input is empty or not in order to send a form.

The usual functioning with a regular bubble input is that you check the option “This input should not be empty” as YES so that when the input is used in an action it will be stopped if the input was empty or not valid:

From our experience, this is not working at the moment with your input, can you please confirm whether this works currently? If so, how do you configure it, can you please provide some video?

We test with:

• “Is required?”
  • “This input should not be empty”

but no luck with those

Edit: Of course I would appreciate if you also answer the previous question considering the phone number correctness or not, so as to block an action automatically if the phone number is not correct, or if the only option available is to use conditionals and custom actions based on the “phone number input’s value” and “phone number input’s correctness”

Thank you in advance

Hi @rentquota thanks for your message.

Considering provided information looks like it works properly on our side, see a simple case here: https://www.loom.com/share/cf22f39dd7a84ee180b2104177b6bf58

As well as on the previous question, we kindly ask for additional information to be shared via screencast. Setup information (input elements settings, workflow actions, conditions if any) will allow us to replicate the reported case on our side and identify the possible cause.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

photo_2023-02-01_00-29-52

Hi!
We have problems with this phone +959979099271.
They found out that most of the numbers of this country are defined by the plugin as invalid

Привет.
У нас вот с таким телефоном +959979099271 проблемы.
Выяснили, что большинство номеров этой страны определяется плагином как invalid

Еще есть пожелание чтобы значение номер телефона отделить от состояния валидности. Т.к. когда клиент вводит номер телефона и он invalid мы получаем текст invalid number, а не значение неверного телефона. (которое при таких не доработках с отдельными странами может оказаться не таким уж и не правельным)

Even in the console, there is such an error

Figured it out. The last error is due to the monthly limit.

Is it possible to make it possible to enter a key in the plugin to bypass the limit of 30,000.

As in this plugin

Hi @lstk.kb, thanks for your message.

We’ve passed this on to the developer team for research. Once any feedback will become available, we will let you know asap.

Thank you for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,

I do have a couple of errors in the plugin (don’t know which is causing which) but this is the situation:

-) I updated the plugin to the latest version 1.51.0 and now I can not type anymore a 9 digit Italian mobile number since I am stopped at the 8th number. But if I go back to release 1.50.0 every thing works like before.

-) second issue is the following error that comes up in the debugger: The plugin Phone Number Input + Formatting / element Phone Number Input threw the following error: Error: Recursion when evaluating property AAN on element “PhoneNumberInput Mobile”

I attach all the screen shots of the plugin (there are no workflows associated except for the make changes to user phone number when plugin says the number is correct).

Schermata 2023-02-05 alle 10.32.47

Hi @stefanof, thanks for your message.
For a better understanding of your case, please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide us a link to your application.
This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team