Picture taking within Bubble

Are there any plugins or templates that would allow a user to capture an image using a smartphone so that the picture taken can be uploaded and automatically cropped into an area of a specific size on a web page?

One of the challenges I have is figuring out how a picture can be taken then applied to an area of a specific size within a web page. For example 71px X 18px. In this case, a user may likely find it easier to simply take a picture and using photo editing software create the picture with correct dimensions. But you also need to be knowledgeable with the s/w you are using. Most people may fret this especially if it takes up more of your precious time to complete things.

On the other hand, if you are using a box with a 1:1 ratio on the web page this can be easier to do from the smartphone and produce a good looking image if you have the coordination required to keep things centered in the frame of the camera as you take the picture.

But are their any no brainer solutions out there that makes this process even more easier?

Thanks!

:arrow_right: Take picture with phone camera documentation

@ralphlasry Thank you for pointing me to this! Do you have any pros or cons you may be willing to share?

Also see https://bubble.io/reference#Elements.Image to understand how to render those images with specific sizing automatically.

I like what I see so far! It appears to be very easy to define a picture size and then trigger the mobile devices cameras to snap that picture in one of two ways!

The other problem it solves is taking a picture and then attempting to automatically fit it into a predefined area which will obviously skew the picture entirely.

I bet you could also use this for taking pictures that could be used as icons on the ‘home screen’ of a device to quick launch the web app altogether.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!