šŸš€ [PLUGIN] Advanced iframe / Embed website

Advanced iframe v1.4.0 released! :tada:

Added 2 new fields: allow-microphone and allow-camera:

@gate56holdings I hope it will be helpful to resolve the issue! Please keep me updated

1 Like

Thanks @BubbleSam, works like a charm!

1 Like

Hey - just purchased the plugin :slight_smile:
Just wondering if you had any advice on how to trigger the iframe showing from the Javacript toolbox plugin.

I need to use the Javascript toolbox plugin to create a credit card token (must be done client side) and then open an iframe to display a credit card verification page

In javascript, I believe you just use window.open command but I am not quite sure how to make this all work with your plugin.

Thanks in advance

Hi @BubbleSam Iā€™m looking into this plugin and was wondering if there is any way to block right click in the iframe to avoid users navigating outside the main site?

My personal use case is exactly the same as the use you are giving the plugin in the demo, https://digitaleyedemo.bubbleapps.io/iframe. I want to show the appsā€™ user manual inside the app and avoid people sharing the source link outside the organization or printing it/navigating outside the main app.

Thank you!

I think you could trigger a workflow event and use iframeā€™s Update URL action.

You could add a custom CSS style pointer-events: none; (using the HTML element) to the iframe. It will disable the clicks.
As an alternative, you can add a transparent overlay on it (not tested).

Hope it helps :wink:

Hi @BubbleSam the problem with that solution is that itā€™ll disable all navigation inside the iframe. Will have to keep looking for a solution :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hi @BubbleSam ,

First of all, sorry for my poor English.

IĀ“m using the Advanced iframe / Embed website Plugin for Bubble, but a I canĀ“t get a value from the page used in plugin source_url.

I have to send a ā€œbackā€ value to Bubble but IĀ“m not able to solve this trouble.

This is the function on html page.

function myFunction() {   
            if (video.muted) {     
                video.muted = false;  
                btn.innerHTML = "";
	    window.parent.bubble_fn_ativasom("back");
            }

But JS to Bubble plugin doesnĀ“t read the value ā€œbackā€ when function is called.

Would you help me please?

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

Hi @mfernandes.beto ,
Thanks for using our plugin!
I didnā€™t really get what you are trying to achieve.
Isnā€™t it related to the Toolbox plugin?

Hi @BubbleSam,

First I would like to thank you for your attention.

I will detail the situation a little:

1. I have an HTML page that was defined as the URL source in the ā€œAdvanced iframe / Embed website Plugin for Bubbleā€.

2. On this HTML page, pressing a button runs the following function

function myFunction() {
if (video.muted) {
video.muted = false;
btn.innerHTML = ā€œā€;
window.parent.bubble_fn_sounds(ā€œ12345ā€);
}
3) I would like to pass the value ā€œ12345ā€ to my Bubble app.

Could you let me know how I would be able to receive the value ā€œ12345ā€ in Bubble ?

Again, thank you for your attention and wish you a great day.

Thank you very much

PS: Take a look at this article, my problem is something like thisā€¦

Thank for your explanation, I understand now that you are trying to make a communication between 2 apps via an iframe.
Actually iframes behave like ā€œsandboxesā€, so I do not think it will be possible to pass values in that wayā€¦

Thanks @BubbleSam

I understood this safety rule.

I would like to know if it is possible to check the property of a video (running inside the iframe) is muted or not.

That would solve my problem too much.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Hi @mfernandes.beto ,

For the same reason, I do not think it will be easy to do :frowning:

Hi @BubbleSam

I verified that it is possible to obtain the element values of an Iframe if it is in the same domain.

This is achieved through the command below:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
var myIframe= document.getElementById("myIframe");
var contentIframe= myIframe.contentDocument || myIframe.contentWindow.document;

var name = contentIframe.name.value; // captures the value of the field of id="name", inside the iframe of id="myIframe"
var email = contentIframe.email.value; // captures the value of the field of id="email", inside the iframe of id="myIframe"
</script>

My question is how should I reference the Iframe if Iā€™m using the Advanced iframe Plugin / Embed website

Would you know how to inform me how I should inform in
document.getElementById(ā€œmyIframeā€)

Again, thank you for your help and attention in all my questions.

Have a good night!

Hi @mfernandes.beto ,

If you need to refer to your iframe, then you could try the following:

var myIframe = element.getElementsByTagName("iframe")[0];
var contentIframe = myIframe.contentDocument || myIframe.contentWindow.document;
1 Like

Hi @BubbleSam ,
glad I just found your Plugin, works perfect for displaying a youtube video on my page!

Just one thing / request:
When you play the video in fullscreen mode and then turn your phone the playback stops and one has to hit ā€œplayā€ again.

Any way to have uninterrupted video playback even when the user rotates the phone?

Here a link to my page so you see what I mean:

Thanks in advance for taking a look at the issue!

1 Like

Hi @arte912 ,

Awesome remark!
Unfortunately I think it wonā€™t be possible to fix that because the rotation is controlled by browser and for the moment I do not see how we can change this behaviourā€¦

1 Like

Hi, @BubbleSam ! how are you doing?

I turned my bubble aplication into a ionic apk using android studio and im just wondering if the fullscreen mode is gonna work in the aplication as wellā€¦

Thanks in advance!

Hi @dreuxgabriel ,

Great question! However, I donā€™t really know how an iframe will work in an ionic app :grimacing: The best way to know as usual is make a testā€¦

Hi @BubbleSam interesting plugin. Thanks in advance , I Have questions please :

• Is it possible user can submit link from : Slideshare.com website and show the result ā€œslidesā€?
  • Can I let the user embed Notion page link ?
  • Is there any security risk when i let users submit links in the plugins input field ?

BR

Hi @ciscotreasure if you send me in PM the urls, we can test it together :slight_smile:

1 Like