Plugin Announcement: Rich Text Editor

There is definitely something wrong with the RTE, I can’t isolate the error.

The current Rich Text Editor is very bad hope Bubble does something

3 Likes

Great plugin!
But is there a way to define each element of the Rich Text Editor separatly? I need the “Basic” view, but need to add bulletpoints as well.

2 Likes

It’s a great plugin, but it has a bit of unstable behavior.

I found two. Could you please fix them?

First.
If I center an image, save the data, and then pull the same data again and output it to the multiline input, the centering is removed.

Second.
When I embed a YouTube video in a text, save the data, and then pull out the same data to output, all the text behind the embedded video disappears.

2 Likes

Hi all -

When a user uploads a large file, it shows on the page very large & outside of the responsive / group constraints I’ve put on the editor. Any ideas on how to resize images down, or to limit the file size, etc.?

I am having this weird issue with the plugin where any STRONG text turns green in color. Anyone know how to fix this issue? :sneezing_face:

Anyone else having MAJOR concerns about the new Bubble pricing plan (see the threads from March 16, 2022…) that will essentially kill any app using “make a new thing” from any sort of Rich Text Editor? Is there a better way to do things?

My app that lets users add notes for clients on their accounts (like, someone called) already has 74k records and is used by a team of about 3-4 daily working M-F answering calls. It was launched in July 2021.

At this rate, they’d need a production server just to keep up with a simple call logger app. I looked at the options on Rich Text Editor (legacy and new) and there doesn’t seem to be any obvious way to avoid any text edit making a row… unless you don’t need history on the account.

I agree with this 100%. @allenyang do you plan on adding this feature in the near future? Thank you!

If you want a work around, you can set the Text Editor to show more options than you need and then put some CSS into the page HTML Header to hide specific buttons you don’t want.

I am using the following to hide some buttons:
Screenshot_050422_111856_AM

You can use the browser’s Console to ‘inspect’ on page elements to find the names of buttons you want to hide. A little tedious but worth it

7 Likes

That’s what I did, and I’m using a Condition on the Rich Text Editor (RTE) based on the user’s subscription type to set the ID of the RTE, and using CSS to show/hide the image/video elements in the RTE. I add adding a banner asking users to upgrade their account if they want the ability to use images/video.

I honestly wish Bubble’s RTE let you limit image size or at least compressed/resized images on upload. I don’t really want to charge for image upload, but Bubble’s storage pricing is insanely high vs. competitors. In the RTE, you’re able to upload massive images, and those take up a lot of storage within Bubble, but there isn’t a way to constrain image uploads within the RTE. I really wish they would add this.

Has anyone extended the editor to include tags?

2 Likes

@zelus_pudding did you ever manage to implement templating on your own?

@boston85719 did you find a workaround for the character limit?

Would be great to have both in the RTE.

I did not but am considering building a plugin to do this. Just need to find the time

1 Like

Awesome! Would be very popular I’m sure!

Two frustrating bugs:

“This input shouldn’t be empty” doesn’t work - workflows are still allowed to run when the input is empty.

Condition: When this input’s value is valid is “no” - triggers ALWAYS instead of when a button is clicked (like the other inputs)

I want to use this for a messaging feature in my application, and I need to be able to read in real time the value of the RTE. Of course there are plugins like Input Watcher by @eli and others, but those don’t seem compatible with this element.

@allenyang is there a way to read the value of the RTE in real-time to support features like ‘is currently typing’, etc?

Hey Jacob + all - please write in to our Success team at support@bubble.io with your questions! They’re better able to help on a more timely basis.

Hi all - thanks for any help you can provide on what I have below

I’m looking to format an API response within the Rich Text Editor plugin by Bubble by grouping “name” by “section name” marked in the response below:

I’ve made it this far by only getting them in separate lists seen here:
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 7.27.58 AM

An example of what I’m looking to achieve is this:

I’m experiencing a performance error for large text (~50,000 characters).

This was mentioned last summer as something that was being worked on:

I filed a bug report and was told that this was still an issue the team was looking at but not a priority at this time. I thought ok no big deal… until I remembered what I pay Bubble every month.

Is there any way to fast track or elevate this issue to a higher priority?

Hey! I am having trouble resetting this input since it is inside a Repeating group, is there a way to do this?

I’m noticing text starting to spill over the border in the latest RTE upgrade (2.0.7). Has anyone else experienced this?