[Plugin Announcement] Stripe Plugin v3

It looks like you are using the charge action provided by another plugin, not Bubble’s official Stripe Plugin.

In short, V3 uses another API to collect cards.
To create a charge, you need to use Payment Intents API (which is much better), not the Charge API.

1 Like

My app has two (when I set it up the instructions required both, the Bubble one has secret keys and the other one has the bearer token). This error only took effect when I updated the Bubble one to V3 (V2 is no longer supported so reverting won’t work). Not sure how to fix it now

1 Like

Any idea how to set up Payments Intents API. Here’s the workflow that triggers a charge

Please test it out using the Stripe.js - PaymentIntent - Create action:

Plugin:

@mannyojigbo

Step 1:

Step 2:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. + don’t mean to bother, I want to test this out now but before I do, to confirm, on my existing workflow above, I’m replacing step 4 (marketplace stripe charge with the following:

Action>payment > stripe.js payment intents - create

Correct?

Yes. You need to add two steps.
Step 1 - charging without confirming.
Step 2 - confirmation action.
On my screenshots, you can notice that I’m not using Stripe Connect. It looks like you need to include it since you’re using the Marketplace (Connect) flow.

1 Like

Hello,

After setting up Bubble’s official Stripe plugin (checkout v3), all credit card transactions made with Stripe Brazilian test card (4000000760000002) are declined.

I use the plugin action ‘Charge the current user’ in a simple workflow run after a PAY button is clicked.
Stripe logs always show the same issue => Status of PaymentIntent: requires_payment_method. Meaning that the payment method is missing in the PaymentIntent parameters. I don’t know how to fix that in Bubble. I correctly filled all the fields of ‘Charge the current user’ action and there is nothing at all about ‘payment_method’ or’PaymentIntent’.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Has anyone encountered this error? I’m using the official bubble stripe plugin and the pay button has been collapsed to that little grey line on the left.

Hey there @warformstudios,

I recommend upgrading to V3 to get the new stripe checkout.

1 Like

ahh ok, switching to v3 fixes the problem, thx

1 Like

No problem! :blush:

1 Like

@johnny don’t mean to bother but any idea how to resolve an error like this? it’s quite bizarre, even had to revert back to v2 which was working before but doesn’t work anymore (error remains). Not sure if upgrading API version on Stripe does anything either

Hey there @mannyojigbo,

Do you have a screenshot of your workflow setup? Are you using the official Bubble plugin rather than the CoPilot one?

Did you get a chance to try out my solution?

@lottemint.md I actually just fixed (10mins ago) it but at the cost of deleting the user (the live test one I created before). Which is not ideal for new signups. So basically reverting didn’t work on its own. It looks like some of the user data got stuck on V3. A couple of user accounts are affected but I can’t tell them to delete and re sign up.

As a solution, you can build out a quick flow with the popup that shows up the next message:

We got some major updates regarding our payment system (Stripe)!
Now, it works faster and better. It gives a more modern look, including on mobile devices.

All you have to do is to update your payment method (card).

Let us know if you have any questions, please.

BUTTON - on click, triggers the adding card action.

I want to ask does the bubble stripe plugin allows users to use Chinese wallets like alipay/wechat pay?

I could only see google pay and credit cards + union pay but I’m unable to integrate with wallets.

Hey there @warformstudios,

You’ll need to go into your Stripe dashboard and enable other payment methods.

1 Like

Hello @tj-bubble !

Could you please advice when documentation will be available for the plugin’s v3 payout action?