{Plugin} - Full Calendar Scheduler Suite

[be on the lookout for upcoming updates!]

secretly in the background, under layers of sweat and nerdom, BA Studios is adding in the resource/scheduler view to the FullCalendar Plugin. Check it out!

along with the ability to set any duration for timeslots on the calendar

i cant wait to release this. maybe 1 more week?

Bubble’s Full Calendar plugin?

adding this to the plugin i have on the marketplace

1 Like

[UpDAte]

Today we have added support for 66 languages along with allowing the user to control what time the calendar day starts and ends along with the timeslot duration!

Also, let the calendar pick your event text color now! Automagial event text colors are available too!

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.41.32 AM

read more about the calendar and it’s features here

I am thinking the next update will be the ability to use custom HTML inside of the calendar event instead of the standard display!!!
looks like fun!

1 Like

Using @evanlitttle’s model I set up a quick example of getting your google events into a fullCalendar plugin in your bubble app. The next update to the calendar will include these API calls in the package!

check out the example here

https://jaredgibb.bubbleapps.io/version-test/google?debug_mode=true

1 Like

Bring in the googles

I have just published the latest version of this plugin. Updates include:

1. Select how far back you want to retrieve results
  2. Added the ability to easily incorporate your users google calendars and basic profile info!

Next up are the docs and finished working example.
Preview the feature here
Jaredgibb.bubbleapps.io/google

Resource view almost ready!

get Yo CRUD on (Almost) with google calendar in bubble! Right now it’s read only

Below is a list of the latest data calls that I added to the plug-in. These do require a service account with Google which is incredibly easy and free to set up. Unfortunately although they work in the plugin. Builder, they aren’t working on the page. Only profile info, calendar events, and calendar colors for now. Still sorting out the rest

The last addition to this plug-in was an element that will position a pop-up based on where you click in the calendar. Presumably when you click in event in the calendar you’d like to see a pop out that shows more details about that event. I have put together a plug-in that will perfectly position an element wherever you click within the calendar so that your pop-up group is positioned with the event instead of in the middle of the screen or somewhere else. This is a dynamic solution and it moves around nicely. There’s also code to prevent going hiding behind either side of the screen

Google calendar crud action Is now possible.

This example demonstrates

• Authenticating with your google calendar with Bubble
  • Displaying your google calendar events in a calendar in bubble
  • Create, Read, Update, and Delete calendar events
  • How to get event info out of FullCalendar
  • Using RG as an data source allowing to be able to call those data for later operations
    ** In this case, we use the index finder to extract data for each calendar event to display on the screen based on clicked events from the calendar (this wont have to happen forever)
  • How to make sure your calendar events are the same color as you expect. No more fixed color for google calendar events.

Jaredgibb.bubbleapps.io/google

3 Likes

Works with recurrent events?

Not yet. I can look into adding the ability to modify recurring event series and to create recurring events. For now, events are modified independently.

It should display them, but you wouldn’t be able to move one and see the time change reflected for all in the series.

How would you imagine using recurring events @yorgio1024? That can help me plan out what may need to be added.

1 Like

I would LOVE the ability to create and edit recurring events :slight_smile:

I think it’s doable!

#3 on my list right now

Ooooh very cool!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Update #1 from above is finished!

Remind me what #1 is

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 3.10.29 PM

Start/End Times

Select a time and get the start and end times immediately!

X/Y Coordinates

on click events, get the X and Y coordinates of your click. this can be used to place a group with event info! think of this as a dynamic focused group.

Return Event Array

Display the event array for debugging purposes or for any other need. Perhaps you think an event should be there that is not. This can help with debugging issues and is presented in a pretty format when output to a text element.

So many informations available!

Easily Retrieve Event Data

So for starters, I didn’t like having to go through the database to get event info when I selected an event so I fixed that! You can now include additional properties with your events (or not!) such as location, summary, and 2 additional ‘extra properties’ that you can assign any text to.

You will need to use new delimiters sometimes

due to the way that making lists work and since you can combine as many data sources as you need, there is one big change. you must set a delimiter for long texts such as summaries if you ever think the text will have a comma. this messes things up but there is the option to select your own delimiter built-in for this exact case!

When I began to pull in events from google calendar is when I started to experience this issue so I fixed it.

Your choice of color coding events

you can also specify either a RGB or HEX for the color of the event. no picking and choosing.

so click events now are able to retrieve all of this!

See More

when you modify any event, all of the above is returned but in addition you also get the old start and end times!

See More

Also, don’t forget you can now bring in Google Events with the new API calls that come with the plugin! Just bring your own appID and app secret and you’ll be all set to begin accessing and modifying your users Google Calendars from within your Bubble APp!

What all Can i Do with the Google Calendar API calls?

Create events
Read Events
Update EVents
Delete Events

Share Calendars with other users
Book appointments
allow others to book with you

Mirror google calendar event colors for ease

Pull in basic account information

Info related to the google auth token handling

So it seems like a signed in and authenticated user will stay that way for up to 7 days while still ‘testing an app’ and will keep them signed in longer once you’ve verified your app or it’s not in testing anymore.

this info was found thanks to a query from @josemansilva

2 Likes

Only a couple more tweaks before I release this upgrade! the option to have your calendar view with either dots or the standard box

check it out!

after this is finished, resource view!

2 Likes

Great work, man! @jared.gibb

1 Like

it took some custom injection but it’s almost complete! Thanks for the support @lantzgould! If you ever wanna check it out sometime lemme know! I’ll add you in!

I might have a use case for this soon. Much appreciated! :call_me_hand:

Resource view would be a sweet addition too

1 Like

Oooh this is really cool! Just about to get stuck in to testing all the features out :smiley:

1 Like

The calendar is responsive?

2 Likes

yepp! it works on mobile and desktop/laptop.

I recomend you to check it out!

1 Like