🔥 [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Dynamic Tables for Bubble (Excel-like)

Hi Mike I just started to work with this plugin and I get the same error, I wonder if its because I am trying to retrieve linked data ? and not first level as in the examples ?

Just a follow up on this problem, The issue only happens if I try to load the data in the table while the table is hidden. So Populate data not on load but only when table is not hidden. Hope that helps in your case.

Hi,
Am getting DataTable A - You’re using this element haven’t installed the plugin Advanced Dynamic Table Grid/Excel (testing) Error. Any help here

Hi @BubbleSam . I’m getting an issue if the record for the table is only 1 item. I’m using a filter on the search query.

It’s working fine if it is more than 1 item and I use join with “,”. I tried removing the join with “,” because it is only one row but still gives error.

Hi there,

We’ve seen a similar issue some time ago. The problem was in data itself. Does your columns contain Null values?

Yes, there are some Null values, but I think no null values is unavoidable for my data.
Is there any workaround to get rid of the error message?

Thanks!

Null columns should be automatically converted to empty strings.
Could you show an example of your data you are trying to render?

The workaround is to have many Advanced Dynamic Tables hidden and multiple search workflows (to adjust each search specific results). This could be made easy if only the table could be reseted to an empty mode (like before the populate event happened - the delete event or the refresh can’t make that).

How to sum two columns ? I mean it’s pretty simple to do it in Repeating groups but it seems impossible to do it in Advanced tables which makes no sense…

In repeating groups I can just do it with Column1 * Column2 in Advanced tables I cannot make it work as * is not allowed in the source.

Is there any way to sum two columns using this plugin ?

Does anyone else have a problem with selected row color when two tables are present on the page ? I have two (and somewhere three) tables of which one is visible and others are hidden until a button is clicked.
On button click event I hide the visible one and display another and when the new table is shown the selected row color is back to default instead of the one I choose in the setup.

Any ideas ?

Hello,

I use this plug in and very useful.

One request. I know this is something that is restricted by Bubble but wondered if you had any advice. It is possible to click through from a line in the table to an internal page and feed through some data from the table item. Great. But any advice to do this workflow and open the page in a new tab?

thank you!

Hi there,

Have you tried to pass the record id as a URL parameter?
Then you can find that record in your database and render the page

Hi, When I export a csv file after changing the order of columns the exported file has the data correct but the header row of the .csv is in the original order.

@BubbleSam Amazing plugin, thank you for building it. Purchased it for the “Excel-like” claim, but I’m yet to be able to do an actual projection / financial table like this:

Data goes this way———>

For financial statements like this, each item is a row instead of a column. There’s also two sets of labels, in this example: years for columns and items for rows.

Is there a way to achieve this with any of your plugins?

Thank you for answering!

Hiya! I recently updated a bunch of plugins, and I assume this was one of them. My tables are now not displaying properly. I have the min width and height set, but it’s displaying the table as if it’s set to fixed width and height… so not all the columns and rows are showing. Is this a bug or do I need to do something to make it display properly again?

Thanks!

Hi there,
You are probably using the new Bubble’s layout engine?
In that case you should adjust your elements and pages structure.

Hi yes, I am… I’ve been using it for months and the tables used to fit nicely or collapse when the screen size was too little. What do I need to adjust?

I mean, did you just update your app to the latest layout engine?

@BubbleSam The plugin throws a lot of errors. Am on the latest build and using the new engine:

It also threw an error when using the refresh table action to apply custom formating.

Update, the refresh action error doesn’t happen if I add a pause of 300ms before triggering it. It needs to populate fully first.

———
Design:

1. Any way to change the font?
  2. Any way to remove “Showing 1 of 3” ? This is unnecessary when showing a small number of rows. Figured this out: “Show info” needs to be “no"

Hi :slight_smile: No, I have been using the new responsive engine for months. I’ve only just updated this plug in to the latest version.

It is also giving me these errors: