šŸ’„ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element

Thatā€™s an interesting idea @aestela. I tried, simply keep the report content hidden. Then workflow canā€™t find the elementā€¦

Hey @BubbleSam,

After I tasted PDF creation 10 times in a 10 min, the function stop working, throwing an error once. Then it stops working. I removed the plug in element and place it again. still it is not workingā€¦ itā€™s a bug?

Ohyoon

Hi Ohyoon,
If it doesnā€™t work even after re-installing, the problem must be in the the plugin configuration, e.g. itā€™s not a bug.
For further help, please publish plugin configuration screenshot and the error you have.

Hi @BubbleSam,

I think I found out where things break down.

When the page number is higher more than 20, it does not generate PDF. Currently I can generate PDF which has 9 pages. But not longer document. Do you know this issue?

Thanks,
Ohyoon

Iā€™m able to generate a pdf with 100+ pages. Can you please create a simple app to reproduce the issue?

Hi @BubbleSam!

My plugin started to throw an error when I try to generate the PDFā€¦
I used earlier todayā€¦ but now, this is what happens

The console:

Did you ever resolve this? I am going crazy having the same issue :frowning:

Wow I missed somehow your message! Sorry!! Does the issue persist? This may happen if you are trying to export an image from an external website and that website refuses to receive requests from another (bubble) domain.
Do you have an app / page to reproduce the issue?

@brandon5 this could happen for the same reason Iā€™ve mentioned in the previous post. Do you have an example to reproduce the issue?

I thought you forgot meā€¦ :expressionless: :joy:

Funnyā€¦ this error lasted for 3 or 4 hoursā€¦ I didnā€™t do anything, then, out of nowhere, the error stoppedā€¦ I use this same action every day since my app went live, this is the first time this has happened.

If it happens again, Iā€™ll let you know so we can try to investigateā€¦

1 Like

Basically I have a fixed width page that works flawlessly on web, but when the page is loaded on mobile, the generating progress loads to 90% then stalls. I donā€™t have any images on my PDF and is around 9 pages.

The example is when you go through app.lifelegacy.io/wills on a mobile device. Works flawlessly to generate the PDF on web, just getā€™s stuck at 90% on mobile only. Itā€™s unfortunate.

Hi @BubbleSam

I need to print, or generate PDF and print that, a RG of 3 cols, 11 rows/page on an A4 page. It contains both text and images.

The RG is exactly aligned to match the 3 by 11 stickers on the printing paper. My RG is of course >11 rows and I want to print all pages at once, each 11 rows being at the exact same place on all pages, not cutting up a line like this where stuff below the orange line is part of what should be on the next page:

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 17.11.18

Can this plugin do this?

Best, Peter

Hi Peter,

Thatā€™s not an easy question without trying it out. I would say it can have some issues depending on the PDF margins, screen size, etc

Indeed.

PDFing a long RG eventually did result in a changed margin and spillover on page 10+.

I ā€œsolvedā€ this with a loop printing a fixed number of RG rows fitting into 1 page. This places the RG exactly right on all pages. Of course that leads to a lot of pages. So I merge them using an online tool.

So, maybe a feature of the plugin could be to merge PDF files. :grinning:

We actually also got another problem. On my Mac the PDF would be 1 page. When my friend do the same on a PC he gets an empty page 2. We both use Acrobatā€™s latest reader to view the file. I ā€œsolvedā€ it by reducing the size of the RG and setting bottom margin to 0, but this does not feel as a robust solution. Why is this - or more importantly, how can we avoid it altogether?

Best, Peter

Hi @BubbleSam Will your PDF plugin capture images in an iframe? I have tried but itā€™s not working?

UPDATE: I found the answer is ā€˜noā€™.

Hey great plugin however I have an issue where the images (in a repeating group) are displayed on the webpage but when the pdf is created, the images are blank

UPDATE

• the images we are using are on a different server. I tested by uploading the images to the bubble db and YES they display in the pdf.

Is this a security feature and can it be changed?

Hi BubbleSam,

Is there an issue when printing multi-line inputs? I noticed that the text on the screen is not duplicated in the pdf. The pdf centers the text and cuts off most of it. Is there a trick to this?
pdf-content
app-content

Hello,

I have strange thinkā€¦
I have a custom square format.

But when 45 pages all pages are black ??? See the result

But when we have 44 pages there is no problem. See Here

At first time i was thinking that it was a too height image but itā€™s not the problem. Do you have already this problĆØme ?

Regards

That sounds oddā€¦ We are able to generate 100+ pdf documents.
This is hoverer due to one or more image coming from an external source and therefore causing a CORS issue. Have you tried to export your 45th page separately?