Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

💥 [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element

Hi I’ve just installed the plugin, however I have a problem, sometimes not all data in repeating groups are being displayed its ass if it creates the pdf file too quickly

I think it’s related to this: 💥 [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element - #249 by BubbleSam

all entries are visible, if i click create again it then shows all entries

Could you please create a demo page where we can test the issue? You can PM me anytime

Hi - I have used this plugin and used the .main-page export ID, it has worked but is missing some elements. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Adam

Hi @BubbleSam

I thought I’d ask a similar question to what others have put forward recently. Is it possible to make a file that is generated and stored on Bubble’s S3 private?

Unless a file is marked as “private” at the time of upload, then it isn’t covered by privacy rules. This is true even when I take “This PDF Converter’s URL” and save it to a table that has privacy enabled (the privacy rules will not protect the file if it wasn’t uploaded as private).

We are looking to save sensitive PDFs, so this is a problem.

Could you please provide some advice on how to tackle this? I imagine not all plugin users are OK with publicly-available URLs when they store PDFs in Bubble. If the private route is too difficult, would it be possible to store the files in a different S3 location that we define?

Thank you!

@BubbleSam Would you happen to have any updates or recommendations for this?

We’ve discovered that even when we take generated PDFs, move them to a secure S3 location, then delete them from Bubble, they ARE STILL publicly available because they were not uploaded privately in the first place.

We’re talking to Bubble about this (not your issue), but it raises the need to be able to set PDFs as private in the first place, or upload them to a user-defined S3 location.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I’ve never encountered this issue… So the original file is not deleted?

Hi @BubbleSam,

Could you please advise, is it possible to generate a PDF from the popup bubble element?

Tried a few different plugins and it seems like generating PDF from the popup is an issue.

Thank you.

Hi there,
Our plugin is able to generate a PDF for any visible element :slight_smile:

@BubbleSam I investigated this further and it turned out to be a Bubble bug. It occurs when a file name contains the “/” character, for example “Contract 06/30/2022”. This has to do with the fact that S3 uses “/” for subdirectories: while it creates such files without issues, it is unable to delete them properly.

In any case, Bubble rolled out a fix last Friday. Thank you for your response!

1 Like

Thank you for this clarification! Happy to hear that it works now :slight_smile: