šŸ’„ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element

Advanced Export to PDF v2.4 released! :tada:

• Added new page fit mode: full-width
  • New field: "No page breaks" (for the full-width mode only)

This new mode scales HTML elements to be full width in the PDF (respecting the width/height ratio). If an element is too high, it will be splitted into multiple pages.

@B4B , @bluesyBlues you might be interested in this update. The described above issues have been fixed!

2 Likes

good one!

Hi @BubbleSam !

Is it possible to create the PDF thru a backend workflow?

Thanks!

Hi @rpetribu ,

Thanks for your question!

Short answer: You canā€™t do that with this plugin.

I do not think it is technically possible. You want to export a web page that is rendered on the client side (in the browser). If you want to do that on the server side (through a backend workflow) you should be able to render the page. The easiest way is to use a headless browser but Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t be possible with Bubble. And also, this headless browser approach canā€™t access any private areas like user profile / user account.

As far I know, there is no plugins that can export PDF from server side / through a backend workflow

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. It makes total sense.
I will buy it to run some tests! :facepunch:

1 Like

Hello, we are struggling to export pdfā€™s that show the complete initial value of a multi-line input element.

For instance, in our app, the page we want to export looks like this:

But when we export the PDF, the multi-line input initial valueā€™s only show one line, even if there are parragraphs.

Is there a way to show the entire content? ĀæOr do we need to change the inputs to text?

Thanks for reporting this!
It looks like itā€™s a known bug in the library that this plugin uses internally:

I will definitely try to find a solution in the next release!

@BubbleSam thank you for the plugin. Iā€™ve noticed that the text in the plugin is not selectable or did I miss anything? Any chance to make the text selectable in the future?

Hi @BubbleSam !

I am testing the plugin and I have some questionsā€¦

1. I have a ā€œTerms and Conditionsā€ written in a very long multiline text field. How can I gave the user the ability to download it as a document? Because if I print the multiline text field object in the PDF, it will go as displayed and the user will not see the full text as well. Only a resumed version with scroll bardsā€¦

2. It is possible to print another page?

Yes! I will definitely check how it could be possible in the next release!

It looks like itā€™s related to this issue:

Itā€™s a known bug in the internal library. I would suggest you to try to move your text into a text element. I will try to find a more stable solution in the next release!

Could you please provide more details about your use case? Basically you can pass multiple selectors, e.g. ā€œ#page1, #page2, #page3ā€ to export multipage PDF

1 Like

Hi @BubbleSam , thanks for the help.

Other doubt hereā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Is it possible to get the upload progress of the ā€œGenerate URLā€ option?

Hi @rpetribu ,
No worries for the questions! It helps a lot to understand all the possible use cases and improve the plugin!

Unfortunately, this is not possible as Bubbleā€™s upload function doesnā€™t provide any progressā€¦
But you still can have access to the progress state during the PDF generation step

1 Like

For sureā€¦ but this is very quick. The slower process is the upload :frowning:ā€¦ But ok!

I will follow without the progress bar!

Thanks!

I use this plugin, when customer use mobile to generate , the file could not save on database. How can I do, please support

Hi @kimmyhau ,
How many pages does your PDF file contain?
Could you please create a reproducible demo so we can understand better the issue?

I have a 1275x1650 element with 4 photos (hosted on my amazon s3 ā€“ CORS are set to permit all)

1. if I place the pdf element outside the element I want to create a pdf of it says it cannot find the element (I have given it an ID)

2. If I place the pdf element inside the element I want to create a pdf of I get the following error (see image)

Hi @jeffmccutcheon,

Is it possible to create a demo page reproducing issue? It will help us to understand better the issue!

Hello,

I set up the advanced pdf plugin and it works well. The only trouble I have is this dark strip on the pdf. Is it the margins I have to adjust? Thank you.

Hi @michaelc1 ! Thatā€™s hard to say from a screenshot why itā€™s happening. Probably you need to slightly adjust your page layout or change the layout ratio / PDF paper ratio. Is it possible to create a simple demo that will reproduce the issue?

Hi @BubbleSam,

Thanks for the solid and easy to use PDF plugin. My business documents are primarily text base. Iā€™m observing ā€œfuzzyā€ text when I create a PDF. Is there a way to improve this? Are you taking an image of the bubble element, then converted over to a PDF? If I print to pdf with chrome, the text is crystal perfect. Is there a way to improve text quality with your PDF plugin?

I can PM you more examples if needed.

Thank you,
Gilles