đŸ’„ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element

Hi @BubbleSam, thanks for your reply.

Do you know any workarounds that can allow me to export also the hidden part of the table?

The amount of data in the table is dynamic (it depends on what the user inputs) so the size of the table canÂŽt be fixed.

Thanks

Hello!
I am struggling while trying to export an element as PDF.
The core problem is the gap between pages:

In some cases, we cant read what is inside this gap, and as this is a kind of Invoice, I cant send this way.
Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Hi @d.dominguezribeiro ,

If the Selected HTML elements are too large, they will be splitted into multiple pages (of A4 format in your case). To fix the mentioned issue, you can add a bigger margin before your table header.

A this element is large, sometimes more than 4 pages, is that possible to ignore this kind o break?
Or atleast not cut between groups or text?

You can provide 4 selectors to the plugin and it will fit each element on a separate page. So you’ll always have 4 pages without unexpected breaks.

My element is a repeating group, this repeating group is a invoice.
As I fill it with more itens, it will grow, given that, I can’t predict the exact size, and I can’t cut this in 4 elements.
Is there any solution to this?

Any solution to this pdf generating with black parts?

the option “proxy” is on.

Hello,

This plugin was simple to set up and it’s been working great
at least I thought it was. It works great on ios devices, but it doesn’t at all on android. Is there a limitation there?

Here’s how I have it set up.

Like I say it works perfectly on apple.

Thanks,
George

It seems that it’s a data connection issue?? The text data goes through, but not the pdf. So far it’s only happened with android devices, but those same devices work in other locations. It appears to always go through, regardless, on IOS.

Thanks,
George

Firstly, thank you for such a great plugin. We’ve tried a few others and this is by far the best. We have a html graph that doesn’t appear to be converting to PDF (image attached). We tried putting an individual tag on it however, that did not seem to help. If anyone had a solution that would be much appreciated.

No, there is no any limitation for android devices. You should be able to use the plugin on any device

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback! Are you using an iframe? If so, it may not work in some cases especially if it’s hosted on another domain.

Is there any way of solving this?

Hi @d.dominguezribeiro,
It is not possible to automatically detect the white spaces on the page or to reorganise the rendered html to not add the page breaks in the places you don’t want.

Instead, you can split your app page into multiple sections and export each section to a separate PDF page. It should solve the issue. As an alternative solution, you can also change the PDF page size.

1 Like

Hey @BubbleSam, just started using the plugin. Is there a way to download the PDF so the text is something that people can copy/paste? Right now it just downloads them as a screenshot basically. in my use case, we download interview notes and send them to people that we interview for their approval. Would be good if they could copy/paste text from the PDF and refer to it when they get back to us with what they want to change

Hi @Toby1 ,
That’s not possible unfortunately. The plugins takes a “screenshot” of the screen and exports it in a PDF

Hi @Toby1, there is no actual plugin that can do this on Bubble, all of them take a “Screenshot” of the element and return a PDF with an image inserted. The only way I was able to truly generate dynamic PDFs was by sending data to a PDFMonkey (www.pdfmonkey.io/) template via JSON through Integromat (www.integromat.com). This seems like a lot but it’s quite simple and, depending on the amount of PDFs you need to generate, this is a completely free solution.

1 Like

yikes. probably should have confirmed that before I bought the plugin.

@BubbleSam This is a great plugin. I am trying to figure out how I can take an app that I developed for scale on mobile (400 wide) and have an element that will generate a quality PDF without redesigning my application. Right now I have my application setup with a very large element in the background. The element is hidden. When I try to generate while element is hidden it gives me the below error. If I show the element then it works fine. The issue is when I show the element it is much too large for the scale of my app. Any help on how to generate a quality PDF using the smaller scale of my app?

Update: Quick update. I was able to correct the issue with the error but now when the element is hidden it says it can not be found. I hope there is a better way that I am just missing.

Hi @b.kenfield Thank you for your feedback! :slight_smile:
Without seeing the exact structure of your page it’s hard to guess what caused the problem.
However, I think you just need to group your elements into a parent group. This could help to resolve the issue!