💥 [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element

How do you control page breaks with dynamic content?

You have to provide one or more “selectors”. Each selector will be placed on a separate page. Cheek out the demo for more details :slight_smile:

Hello,
how can I configure the plugin so that the text does not get cut when it is splited to another page. It’s the dynamic content from reapiting group - export the whole RG as one element.

Hi there,

You have to export one element per page so it won’t break the text

As I wrote, it’s dynamic content - it means that it’s not possible to define the amount of elements

Got it. Well, what you are looking for doesn’t exist :slight_smile: I mean that there is no a PDF export plugin for Bubble that can keep the text and put the 100% accurate page breaks.

Other plugins put the breaks (almost) randomly. Our plugin has 2 modes: it can split the pages automatically or (for better results) you will need to select elements for each page.

Hi Sam,

Please check the resolution of the PDF generated. If you zoom it for 500% fonts get blurred. You can check it with your demo page as well.

I’m not trying to find any fault with your product. Your solution is the best PDF plugin so far. It allows me to dynamically pick elements. That made me to buy your plugin.

Please recheck and try to improve the quality of the output. Because, from my end, no point of make things bigger to get a good output.

There is another plugin available in the marketplace which is similar to your one. Output is really good. But they don’t have the option to dynamically pick the element.

1 Like

Hi @navindra.sen ,
Thank you for you for your feedback!

That’s correct, at 500% the fonts get a bit blurred:

While it’s still readable and in most cases should be enough, we’ll try to check what we can do here. Because increasing the quality can increase the file size unexpectedly.

2 Likes

Hi @b.kenfield @BubbleSam I’ve come across the same issue but it only occurs on the live version of bubble.io. How did you manage to rectify this error?

Hi @AndreaPereira My issue was having a PNG in the element that was created as “private”. Once I changed that, I had no further issues. In my case fixing this was a matter of configuration in another plugin I am using to create the PNG. Hope this helps!
Capture

1 Like

Thanks for answering @b.kenfield !

Hi @AndreaPereira , are you trying to export images hosted on external domains? If so, could you please try to enable the “Use proxy” setting?

@b.kenfield thanks for the response!
Hi @BubbleSam thank you for the tip, tried this but it didn’t work! Is there anything else I can try? Need this ASAP please

@AndreaPereira

Hi everyone, I am really struggling with the use this plugin for my APP. Unfortunately, after long research, I can’t still use the plug-in to download my page. I tried severals

I have the following error :

Can someone please help me,

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Hi Justin,

Are you trying to capture an image hosted outside of Bubble?

Hello @BubbleSam

I am buying this plugin for my customer to generate PDFs with radio buttons.

Though, it is working great on PCs, on IPAD (both on safari and chrome), the radio buttons are not showing up with the selections made.

Is this is a known issue and a fix or workaround available?

As seen in the picture, I have selected one of the three options in the radio button, but the dots and circles are not visible on IPADs.

Whereas, the same page looks good on PC browser like below.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately it’s also a known bug :confused:

Thanks for your response.

Hey @BubbleSam,

I’m not sure if anyone already addressed this issue. How can I generate PDF out of responsive layout?

I managed to generate PDF from wide screen size. However as the plug in extra what-you-see, when the screen shrinks, the hight value applied for widescreen doesn’t work. In fact I’d prefer generate a single version of PDF, based on the wide screen, regardless of the user’s browser width.

Here’s my editor: Trndr | Bubble Editor

And attached two different PDF files as examples
Wide: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1637057935041x167901530267006820/TRNDR_report.pdf
Browser: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1637057527457x536330496558105900/TRNDR_report.pdf

Thanks!
Ohyoon

Hi @ohyoonkwn I haven’t tried this, but it might work, if, and only if, the plugin can print a hidden element. I would try duplicate the element and set it as fixed width, not allowing it to resize, and when on mobile, print that element instead of the one actually drawn on screen.

The other approach, would be the one I suggested here: 💥 [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Export to PDF: Whole Page / Single Element - #141 by aestela

1 Like