[PLUGIN] Render Checker by SuperStack - aka "Is my RG finished loading?!"

I generally don’t use plugins outside of Bubble’s native ecosystem but this is f****** awesome!

Well done pal :clap:

1 Like

Hey @scott.ETK

Thanks for the message.

1. It should work - if you check out the demo page the “high-res gallery” is an example of that use case. It might need some tweaking around depending on your setup. If that example in the editor doesn’t help you can send me a link to your editor and I’ll have a look.

2. Unfortunately not yet :sweat_smile: very much on my agenda to expand this plugin as soon as I can. At the moment it just checks the first cell. However, there is a workflow to reset the render checker, which can come in handy for sliders. Again check out the high-res gallery demo which uses that feature.

Bests
Rob

1 Like

@jamesbond Thank you, 007. :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, Q wants that AMG back in one piece…

1 Like

Hi Rob,

I think my issue may have been the element ID. I was just putting in the name of the element and was not aware of how to add an ID to an element (and enabling it in my bubble settings).

It should work once I try this for the slider.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi. Tell me if the plugin works on the new engine? Have you checked its functionality? I could not get it to work properly

:information_source: Bubble’s New Responsive Engine

Hi everyone :wave: and thanks @holydoly6 for pointing this out.

I wrote this plugin earlier this year before the responsive engine change. The plugin is reliant on specific structures and taxonomy used by Bubble in rendering elements on the page. As such, the plugin may not work as expected in apps using the new responsive engine. Apps on the legacy rendering engine should be unaffected.

I am testing the impacts of the new responsive engine on the plugin and working on a compatability update. However I cannot offer a timeline for this update at the moment.

I hope this has not inconvenienced anyone and I look forward to presenting the new and improved version as soon as possible.

Bests,
Rob

2 Likes

very sad to see this. Tried to implement the plug-in (new responsive engine) and.just saw this post.

I also subscribed it and now cannot use it because of the changes. It should say so in the plugin page :angry:

@Pat @elmo.gomes my apologies for the inconvenience and not making this clearer. I have updated the plugin page now to note the compatibility issue. I am working on v2 of the plugin to make it compatible with the new responsive engine, it’s just taking some time. Thanks for your patience.

Bests,
Rob

2 Likes

I tried to use the RenderChecker with the new responsive engine and in my case it seems to work somehow - but very unreliably. :+1:

Maybe my setup is not perfect or it has to do with the new responsive engine.

Hey. Great concept and would love to improve the UX. Can I please check if this plug-in now works for the new responsive engine?

Hello @robhblake

Is your plugin working on the legacy engine ?
It seems on your demo that the indicators on the left (full list) are not displaying the states of your plugin.
I am trying to achieve a similar use case on my app but I can’t

Advise is there an approximate release date of the second version of the plugin with support for the new engine ?

Hi @robhblake!
Just bought the plugin and checked the status about new engine.
Is there a date for that release? Waiting for it :wink:

@robhblake Also checking in to see if this now supports the new engine? plugin page says its still in development. thanks

FYI… folks can probably stop asking about compatibility with the new engine considering that Rob hasn’t been seen in the forum for over a year.

1 Like