[plugin] SaasAlias: Multiple domains and subdomains for bubble apps

Hi @gaimed, I will like to make a little suggestion. can you make the SaasAlias element resizable, because it creates so much stress to keep it on a part of the page with it fixed width and height, especially on the new responsive engine. And I cannot keep it in the popup because it wont give me what I want when it is hidden.

1 Like

Hi @gaimed, sorry for disturbance. I just wanted to ask if there is anything one can do if he mistakenly ran ‘saasalias -delete’ and then ‘saasalias -deploy’. Even though I still notice that the site (that is, domain) still works but the json returns ‘site_delete:true’. Is there any way I can return ‘site_delete’ value to ‘false’?
I have tried to run ‘saasalias - add/update domain’ and then ‘saasalias - deploy’ but it still does not change the config json.

Not possible. It deletes the site from netlify

Okay, thanks @gaimed

Hi Gaimed, Does SaasAlias also work on a dedicated Bubble instance?

Never tried it but should work. As long as it generates a bubbleapps url

1 Like

Hey all- my developer is struggling with this. I keep getting Error 1000 from cloudflare. I’m considering getting someone experienced and to implement this for us - can someone assist us?

Make sure the orange cloud is grey and not orange under status

@gaimed I know it says that “site title” is not working when trying to update Metadata. Any update on when that will work? Seems like for now that the description is being pushed for the title as well which doesn’t look the best when sharing.

I have helped others with getting this set up. Here is my Calendly if you would like to book some time with me to get this going: Calendly - Rod Danan

Is there any information available regarding SEO implications of using this solution? Does google read/interpret/rank a page different? I’d like to figure out in which cases I can use this plugin and in which instances I need to keep a separate page/app.
Thanks!

There is a other field for site title

This is my set up where every field is filled out:

But when I check the metadata for a site, it’s showing the description as the title still.

Can you pass me your config as dm and link to site?

Hey never heard back on that last issue. In addition to that, I was wondering if it’s possible to somehow keep users logged in across sites? My product has multiple communities and I want users to be able to switch between each one.

So far I tried generating a temp password and passing the email and password as parameters to the login page. When parameters are present, it would call a API workflow to log the user in. The workflow is being triggered but not logging in the user still.

Any ideas on this?

Hi there, Sorry forgot to respond. Bubble sets the title automaticly / dynamicly. We are unable to overwrite that behavior.

multiple domain login: Also technically from a browser perspective thats not possible unless you do a custom implementation of login.

Hi @gaimed I have been facing this issue for a while now, I don’t know if you can please try to recreate this issue. Every time I go to one of the custom url that is created using the saasalias plugin (a subdomain for example) whenever I try to upload an image on version test, I get this error messages in the images below:

This is preventing testing of any flow that has to do with image upload on the version test, please I will like to hear if you were able to recreate this bug.
NOTE: This does not happen on the version live

File uploads only work on live version currently

Thanks for confirming this @gaimed

Bumping this to the top as it was useful

I’m still struggling to get this working but it set some good context

Some questions

1. I have already associated my bubble account with a sub domain using the native feature, can i use this in tandem with saas alias?

2. if the A record for the sub domain is pointing to IP 75.2.60.5, does that mean it should be working or is there more to it?

3. Where is it explained how to use your own netlify account rather than using the one provided (i assume, if you don’t enter a netlify API key, that gets used)

@armcburn i found your video super helpful to give me context, so maybe you could help

I supposedly have a successful create and deploy

the error when i hit one of my subdomains is