[plugin] SaasAlias: Multiple domains and subdomains for bubble apps

Hey @gaimed,

For the SSL plugin, over the last 2 days, I don’t even get the parsing error, only time out errors.

There’s maybe something wrong around the fix you did for the timeout…

1 Like

Still working on it. The api of letencrypt is giving me difficulties.

btw if you are in a hurry please just use a different solution. You dont follow the manual correctly and complain a lot. I already told you this is a plugin for more advanced users of bubble.

New solution for anyone wanting to have instant SSL.

Use the netlify DNS. Add all your subdomains to the same config (using the add domain). It should allow for instant ssl to be assigned to netlify.

Currently the SSL plugin of saasalias is not working.

1 Like

OK, understood. So it’s ongoing, great.

“more advanced bubble users than me”, is it a joke ?

I complain because I have to complain when I pay for something that does not work, that’s all.

FYI, I follow the documentation, which has to be extrapolated a bit to get things working.

Anyway, ok, the SSL bug plugin is confirmed, and you’re working on. Great.

1 Like

Happy to refund.

From this point forward, due to high amount of support requirement by users like @Christophe_HK, I wont be provinding support for free anymore.

If you need support you can book it here for 250 dollars for half an hour: Calendly - Team Owet

@gaimed, please, read your doc and tell me that’s enough to understand the whole things around the plugin.

And my “huge number of requests” is just about questions regarding missing part of the documentation.

So, well, fix the bug and you don’t get any new question from my side.

To all having questions about this plugin, you can get in touch with me first, before paying 250 dollars (or not!).

3 Likes

Hi @gaimed,

Just installed your plugin and going through your manual. You referred to IP 75.2.60.5 in the text but in the screenshots its 104.198.14.52. Which one should I use?

Thanks,
Tim

1 Like

The ip to use is 75.2.60.5

The one in the screenshots of the doc is the old netlify load balancer, do not use it.

2 Likes

Saasalias plugin users : great finding!

If you use your own Netlify account, you can connect Integromat & Netlify. Several use cases available, such as :

• get the list of all sites deployed (Inc. custom domain)
  • get details on one given site / custom domain
  • receive a notification when a new site or an updated site is deployed, or if the deploy fails (notif via email / Gmail or sms or Slack, or your app!)

Cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Well, it might be for more advanced users, but my man @Christophe_HK has a point. Lack of responsiveness from the builder is an issue. And he did responded an answer that you guys didn’t. I understand that you are super busy tho, but service is still part of the product.
And it seems that the plug in has some limitations, if what he stated is correct about the impossibility for subdomains to show a subpage under the pointed domain. Still a lot space for improvement, as the plugin look great and could be really useful for us in the near future.

2 Likes

Hey @Christophe_HK thanks for your reply. Is good to know about your experience, hopefully you guys can work it out. Cheers!

3 Likes

Subdomains or custom domains can show subpages under the pointed domain, but you can’t access a slug, aka .../subpage/<slug>
It seems that’s not a limitation with the plugin but is due to Bubble internals.
But that can be worked around quite simply. My app provides subdomains for subscribers (paid plan), ans internal url for free subscribers. The “free” url uses a slug to get the user’s data, and for the paid subscribers, I use the Saasalias element on the page to get the subdomains (which is the user’slug) and populate the page with correct data.

The setup is as follow :

• url for free subscribers : myapp.com/subpage/<user'slug>

• url for paid subscribers : <user'slug>.myapp.com , this url points to myapp.com/subpage2 and I get the <user'slug> (aka the subdomain part of the url) using the Saasalias element on the page, and a workflow sets a custom state “user” for the page subpage2.

Both subpage and subpage2 contain a main reusable element to display the user contents. This reusable element’s type is User, and get the data source at page load :

• free subscriber page : reusable element data source = subpage’s User (the data source of the page)
  • paid subscriber page : reusable element data source = the state (type : User) of the subpage2 page, set in the page loaded Workflow using the Saasalias element (and a “do a search” to get the correct contents and to manage invalid subdomains) .

It works well. So yes, you have to use 2 different pages depending on if you’re using Saasalias or not (aka if you provide subdomains for all of your saas clients or not), but using a reusable element and the Bubble mechanics (states, workflows,…) allows to decrease the maintenance efforts, as both pages point in fact to the same reusable to display the same contents (paid subscribers have optional contents / features, of course :blush:)

If the above is not clear enough, please let me know and I’ll try to provide a better app design description!

4 Likes

Hi @Christophe_HK , this post makes sense and describes the mechanics of what I thought was necessary to make it work.

I haven’t gone through this entire thread or purchased the plugin yet, so just a quick question that may have been covered before:

Is it much of a leap to go from:

to: URL for paid subscribers being <user’slug>.com or userdomain.com?

I’m guessing it’s all the same page setup or perhaps a 3rd set of pages with the URL masked?

Again, sorry if this has been covered.

You can point the url to both a subdomain of your app domain (using the slug or any other word you want) or a client’s custom domain. In my app, I let the user choose what he wants / needs. And the SSL certificate is provided within between 20 minutes and few hours (at the moment, I always noticed the certificate provided in nearly 15 or 20 minutes, even for a custom domain).

In case of a redirect to a custom domain, your user / client just have to add a new entry in his DNS’ settings, to point of the Netlify load balancer url.

2 Likes

Hi @Christophe_HK , I just want to confirm, did you have issues mapping multiple pages? For example like below:

myapp.com/page1/userslug to userdomain.com/page1
and
myapp.com/page2/userslug to userdomain.com/page2

Thanks again.

Hi @mihira,

I think you can map multiple pages for a same subdomains, but to be honest I have only one redirect rule for my subdomains.

I’ll do the test and will let you know!

1 Like