Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Plugin to access phonebook (contacts - name and number - of phone)

hi Bubblers

I am looking for a plugin that allows the bubble application to access the phone contacts (number and name) of the cell phone. The aim is to give the user the possibility to select contacts from the cell phone and import them into the bubble application.
I did not find any plugin that does this, do you know any to recommend me?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Hi @gabriel3 … I’m wondering if you ever got an answer to this. I have recently wrapped my app with BK Native, and while it has a function to add contacts from device, it is VERY slow (unless you use extended vertical scrolling on your RG, which only adds the first 20 or so contacts quickly, and doing it this way would eliminate the possibility of using a search query because it only searches what has been loaded). I’m hoping you may have found a solution along your quest. Please let me know, if you could. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @DiggDang unfortunately, so far, BDK Native is the only option I found.

Sorry to hear that, @gabriel3… thanks for the update. Best of luck and I’ll update if I find anything better.

@gabriel3 & @DiggDang - Just bumping to see if anything has changed in the past few months. Fingers crossed.

If anyone knows of a solution I’d love to hear. Thank you!

Just letting you know I found @johnmark 's post on creating a native iOS/Android app so the user can access phone contacts. This is probably more than you want to do but this blows my mind. Thanks @JohnMark

1 Like

Hi @will6… yes, I built with BDK Native. While that alone could pull contacts quickly, per my last post, there were some limitations for how I wanted to use it.

I did have a chat session with @gaurav who developed BDK Native and he helped me in many ways, in even more ways than I would say he was obligated to. I did have to purchase a couple of additional plugins to extract the data from the Repeating Groups (I want to say it was about $80 total). After wrestling with it for a couple of weeks later, I finally got it close to the way I was hoping.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

@DiggDang Let me make sure I have this right. You are able to pull phone contacts from a bubble web app? Or is it on mobile? $80 seems like a no brainer if you are able to do this. Really appreciate it. Thanks!

I think you may be confused (and I may have done a poor job explaining). BDK Native is a wrapping service that is offered to make your Native Bubble App a Native App for use in iOS App Store and Google Play Store… it’s your web app but available as a native app download on those stores. As part of BDK Native, they offer additional native features, one of which is pulling contacts. A couple of additional plugins got to using those contacts that were pulled in a more advanced way.

It cannot pull contacts as a web app though. Lots of discussion on the board (from my previous research) where a web-based app cannot access local data on a device. It makes sense that it wouldn’t. You’d need to wrap it through that Jasonelle thing you found above, or use a service like BDK Native.

Hope that’s more clear for you. :slight_smile: