[Plugin Update 11 Mar 2020] Google Maps (bdk)

Here’s some screen recordings of the update:

Marker Clustering

KML Layers & GeoJson Data Layers

1 Like

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it out! Clustering and auto close!!!

1 Like

Awesome! Seems to work pretty nicely. Any change that clustering colour could be changed or it could be dynamic?

As usual, Amazing Work Gaurav!
Quick question, is there a way to display a “Loading…” message while the markers are loading?
Thanks!

Can you please give us the ability to choose different color ‘standard icons’ that match the colors of the clusters? It looks very awkward right now with more than one marker type. I was using custom icons but they really don’t work with the clusters, and it doesn’t make a lot of sense to have red icons for all cluster types.

Thanks sir, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hmm… that would be tricky since loading the marker stuff is pretty dynamic and driven on input from bubble app’s db. I’ll see if I can get creative with this :slight_smile:

I’ll actually add something better :slight_smile: will push an update soon

@gaurav I noticed that clustering doesn’t work perfectly when it’s enabled/disabled conditionally based on the zoom level. I just want to disable clustering when zoom level is High enought. When you have few markers close to each other’s it still keeps on showing it even though it shouldn’t. It doesn’t make sense that user needs to over zoom it to disable clustering.

Hi @boostsalesgroup,
The clustering can’t be turned on / off conditionally as of now. Its a more complex feature but I’ll see if I can include that capability in an update :slight_smile:

Regarding how many markers to cluster / keep independently visible at the zoom level, the number of markers to be clustered at any zoom etc. are dynamically determined by Google’s library :frowning:

Cheers,
Gaurav

Good to know! It becomes really tricky to use if there are markers close to each other’s.

Hi gaurav,

Great Plugin!. Can this map plugin show customers’s listing information like Zillow?
Thanks

Martin

Hi @bermudezmartin8,
Thank you!
Yeah you simply have the html of the info display on the marker click as a field on the list of things. That’s it! Check out the plugin demo page to see this in action.

Cheers,
Gaurav

Hi gaurav,

Great!. Sorry I am new to Bubble. How do I pay for it and how I download it!.
Thanks

Cheers,
Martin

Oh you simply install from within your bubble app -> plugins tab -> add plugin -> search for bdk and select this one

Awesome! Thanks

Cheers
Martin

Hello there and thanks @gaurav for all this great work here! I am struggeling right now with filtering the map markers. Is there any way you could think of to do it? Right loading all map markers straight from my database, so my only idea was to load them from a “virtual list” and reset/rebuild this after the filter settings are changed.

@gaurav My map will not load.

The plugin Google Maps (bdk) / element google map (bdk) threw the following error: ReferenceError: google is not defined
at eval (PLUGIN_Google-Maps–bdk–update–google-map–bdk–.js:113:37)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/8909984466a55bb34846c421a531d313b2ae07c9015b4e320001fc659e52802e/xfalse/x5:18:461913

Hi @devin.fraze,
That would appear if the pt. #3 in the plugin documentation not setup properly

Hi @jonas.kwaschik,
You can filter the source data list of things that you provide for the markers no?

Thank you. That was precisely it.

Filtering works fine for me. @jonas.kwaschik
Lookup how to filter if you aren’t familiar.

1 Like

Hi @gaurav,

Thank you for your plugin, I use it a lot !

Currently, I try to understand the GeoJson Feature’s.

In the documentation you said :

1. GeoJson Data: Simply provide the list of GeoJson files and the GeoJson data from each file will be auto displayed on the map on load

There is no possibility to show GeoJson dynamically ? And can I show/remove multiple GeoJson on a map.

Let me explain :
I use an API who provide me a GeoJson File. It looks like this :

In my case, when a user search for a city I would like the polygon to be displayed. And this for multiple city.

:smiley:

1 Like