[Plugin Update: 2021] TechBlocks Charts and Graphs (Chart.js)

Hi @mufei401 this is definitely on my backlog but I haven’t gotten a chance to look into this yet, most likely will look into it next month (August or September)

I will keep you posted for sure!

1 Like

Thanks let me know next month when you look into it
And the map chart would need to be interactive. Like I with the hover events that you have for your charts.

1 Like

Understood @mufei401 – I will make sure to look into the interactivity for hover events as well. Thanks for the request and will keep you posted!

I love the new draggable values feature! Is there a way to hide the data labels even on hover?

Hey @jachoward – thanks for the kind words about the new drag feature. Happy to hear you’re finding it useful!

I’ll take a look at your request (to hide data labels) and get back to you soon.

Alex

Great, thank you.

Also, how should I think about extracting the series data from the chart? Looks like I can only pull most recent dragged value. I can do this individually in the database, but I’d prefer to be able to create a custom state and pull the full series data in a multiline input or a similar solution.

Hey @jachoward – thanks for the feedback!

I can look into the following:

1. An event that fires once an item has been dragged
  2. A list (state on the Chart) that publishes a list of numbers associated with all of the series on a Chart (I can look into how this might be implemented, but it might be a bit difficult because the number of series vary chart by chart).

How would those proposed features work for your use case?

Alex

I think #1 is already available? Or at least I can do conditional statements for When a dragged value is changed.

For #2, I agree it could be difficult with the varying amounts of series. But what about just one series list of values? There is already a state for “Dragged Item Data Series Name.” Would it be possible to have a “Dragged Item Data Series Values”? There is “Dragged Value - Ending Value” but that is only for one value, not the whole list.

I see @alex4, thank you very much! Please keep me updated. I have a need for this.

@jachoward

I think #1 is already available? Or at least I can do conditional statements for When a dragged value is changed.

You’re right, that functionality actually already exists on the workflow tab as an Event! I forgot I’d added it all in there in one go! :laughing:

For #2, I agree it could be difficult with the varying amounts of series. But what about just one series list of values? There is already a state for “Dragged Item Data Series Name.” Would it be possible to have a “Dragged Item Data Series Values”? There is “Dragged Value - Ending Value” but that is only for one value, not the whole list.

Yeah, I think this would be the approach I’d take because I can’t publish a list of lists using the plugin editor (i.e. a list of series numbers to handle multiple series). Can you share a bit more about the use case for that feature (having “Dragged Item’s Data Series Values”)?

@mufei401 for sure – I’ll keep you updated!

Yes, I know that for the most part charts are designed for putting data into but I want to be able to get the data out of the chart. For use case, I want my users to be able to drag points on the line chart for a “seasonality trend” (12 months) so I can see how they expect their sales to trend throughout the year. Once they’ve dragged all their values, I want to be able to pull the list of the 12 values.

Nicely job on the new update for mixed chart for two difference axis – I will try that out. I was trying to do something similar last month but I think this will make it possible

Hi Team,

is there capability currently to create a side by side bar chart/butterfly chart.

@jachoward

I want to be able to get the data out of the chart. For use case, I want my users to be able to drag points on the line chart for a “seasonality trend” (12 months) so I can see how they expect their sales to trend throughout the year. Once they’ve dragged all their values, I want to be able to pull the list of the 12 values.

Makes sense, I’m adding this to my backlog and will see if I can get it in early this week. How would that work for you?

@mufei401

Nicely job on the new update for mixed chart for two difference axis

Thanks for the kind words about the plugin!

@yoursaltapp – it is certainly possible to create a butterfly chart in a couple of ways: (1) you can create two Bar Charts and set them next to each other either above/below or left/right based on the orientation you need or you can create a single Bar Chart and multiply on series by negative 1. You can see a demo of this on the bottom right “Profit” example on the demo page. How would that work for your use case?

Wow this looks amazing. And I think it would be a great fit for my analytic application.!
Some questions:

1. Will the chart styles in your demo look the same if I purchase and use your any of your free templates?
  2. How can I create various timewindows for the charts? E.g. Last 10mins, Last 7 days. Is this function built in ? (see attached pic)

Sounds good to me

@mr9sky great to hear the demo looks good to you, and thanks for the kind words!

1. Yes, you can use the free template, purchase the plugin for that instance of the template, and modify the Charts from there, which will retain the styles I used!
  2. You should be able to create various time windows based on the search expressions you use for the X and Y Axis values. For instance, if you’re looking for the last 1 hr, your search expression would be filtered for results in the last 60min; if, for example, you want to offer your users the option to filter by the last day as well, you can add a conditional on the Chart for when your dropdown’s value = last 24 hrs (or whatever condition changes the time window), when that condition is true, you should enter different expressions for the X and Y values of the Chart. Does that make sense? I’m actually working on a demo for something like this so will keep you posted on when it’s ready!

@jachoward great to hear, I will announce here when this new feature to display dragged item’s list of series’ values is ready

Noticed a small bug where values don’t display if there is no space between comma delimitated values 0, 0,1, 0 … the 1 value wasn’t displaying. I had to output my values as text to discover the bug. This was using bothe the bar and pie chart.

Thanks for an awesome plugin.

Yup. Sounds great!

@felicity.evans thanks so much for the kind words about the plugin!

I’ll take a look at that comma-space issue tomorrow and hopefully push a fix within the next few days. Please don’t hesitate to let me know about anything else like that – it helps me fix these issues so others don’t run into them too!

@mr9sky – fantastic. Let me know if you have any feedback/requests as you try it out!