Very nice @alex4
This worked perfectly @alex4! Thanks and congrats again on the great plugin.
Hey again Alex, thanks for the customisation of the angle of the x-axis tick labels!
Just posting a bug I found here so others don’t have to grapple with it. Apologies if it’s already known of.
When dates along the x-axis are in a long format it essentially stuffs up the alignment (the bars should go all the way to the end).
You can see once I change the format to be much shorter the alignment is fixed.
I changed nothing aside from the date format. Just thought I’d let you know! Thanks again for the great plugin
@alexcooney5 – great to hear you’re liking the plugin so far. Happy it’s working well for you. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any other requests or feedback.
Hi @jye.tebble – thanks for posting that! Actually, this part is working as intended, since the dates you entered might be formatted with commas (and the plugin uses commas to separate each X axis item), it’s getting confused and separating something like Saturday, August 11, 2021 into three different X axis entries when it should be a single one. Does that make sense?
I totally understand that it’s a bit confusing and I’m currently thinking of ways to change the plugin to make it more intuitive in the case that users like you need to enter dates (that have commas) so that you don’t run into this issue. I’ll post an announcement if I think of something and push an update regarding this.
Oh yep fair enough @alex4. Yeah, having it a bit more intuitive would have saved me a couple of hours trying to figure it out haha. Even if it’s just a sentence in the documentation under the x-axis input. Cheers!
@jye.tebble – great idea. I have added that documentation sentence!
@alex4 It seems like the x-axis for a candlestick chart will only accept UNIX as the date format. Is that correct?
If so, how do you display different periods of time (Month, Year, Quarter)? I can only seem to display hourly.
Hey @Jon_Melo – thanks for reaching out and pointing out that issue!
I just pushed an update in v4.29.3 that should hopefully resolve the need here. I fixed a bug and the Candlestick Chart should now be able to display custom date/time strings based on the tokens in the documentation link (https://bit.ly/timetokens)
Let me know how that works for you!
Hi @alex4 ! How are you doing?
After update for the last version I noticed something strange…
In development mode, my chart is loading just fine:
In live mode, the chart is not loading…
My database is not sincronized, between live and development. But the code is just the same…
This is what my console shows:
The thing is… my labels are defined. I change nothing in my “code”. Just updated the plugin.
Can you help me?
I made a downgrade to version 4.26.2 and everything went back to normal…
Hi Rafael, thanks for reaching back out! I’ve been well – hope you have been safe and healthy too!
I tried reproducing the bug but I wasn’t able to. Could you send me PM me a link to your editor so I can take a look? Make sure to add [email protected] as a collaborator or temporarily set the permission to “Everyone can Edit”
@alex4 - great plugin - congrats.
- Is there a way to change the angle on mixed graphs (1) or is it just scatter / connected?
- I’ve noticed the bars overlap the x-axis (2). Is there a way to stop this happening?
- Can you simply turn off tool-tips (had a quick look in docs but nothing was immediately obvious)
Hey @andrewmccalister thanks for reaching out – I appreciate the kind words about the plugin!
- I just pushed an update to v4.30.0 of the plugin that enables you to customize the rotation angle of the X Axis Tick Labels for Bar/Line/Mixed/Bubble Charts. Thanks for the request here!
- Currently, the only way to prevent the overlap is to set the width of the X/Y Axis Zero line to a smaller weight (1 or 2 should be ok)
- Yes, you can turn off tooltips by typing “Do not show” in the custom tooltip HTML ID property
Let me know if you have any other requests and/or questions!
Thanks @alex4 .
- The update worked well. Is there a way to define the min / max ticks on the x-axis? I’d like to show Jun 2020, Oct 2020 and Mar 2021 instead of the current ticks.
- Adjusted the Zero line width down to 1 but still an issue. Would be a nice fix if the axis were brought to the front (over bars) in future releases.
- I made a custom tool tip and unchecked ‘This element is visible on page load’. Now the tool tip doesn’t show but the bubble on the line still shows. Is there a way to turn this off?
Great to hear the update worked in your favour!
As for your further questions in regards to the plugin:
This isn’t something that’s possible to set up/customize in the plugin yet, but we’ll add it to the backlog and will let you know if/when we build it out!
Same applies for the second query,but definitily also adding to the back log
For the third item, you should be able to do this by setting the point hover radius to 0. Let me know if you have any questions about the other requests!
Thanks @alex4 .
1 & 2 - sounds good.
- Your suggestion worked. Another request. Is there a way to remove all hover functionality? When I hover over a bar it still gets highlighted - see screen shot below.
Hi! Great plugin! Currently subscribed and wondering if it is possible to display gradients for area charts? Thank you for your support.
Update in v4.31.0 Area Charts Gradient Fill
Hi all, just pushed an update for Area Charts. When adding a serie via workflow actions, you can now set the fill for an area chart to be a gradient with a start, middle, and end color:
With this new feature, you’ll be able to create an Area chart like the one on the right:
Thanks @allan for the feature request. Hope this helps for your use case. Please let me know if you spot any issues as this feature is still in “beta”!
@andrewmccalister thanks for that additional request to customize the bar chart hover interactions. I’ll take a look and see what I can do!
@alex4 , another request / question for you.
Is it possible to change the color of a line if it intersects another? - see #1 below.
Is it possible to do the above like an area chart? - see #2 below. (I presume you’d have to reference the line you are intersecting as the new y-axis ‘0’).
I just noticed that V.4.29.9 breaks the alignment of my charts, which have span enabled.
v.4.29.9 and beyond
Another Question. Now that I am using Images for my data points, is there a way I can make the line stop X pixels before the Image. Like this: