[Plugin Update: 2021] TechBlocks Charts and Graphs (Chart.js)

Hey Alex, thanks for the message, just sent you a PM. Cheers, Abbas.

@a.alighanbari great! I’ll take a look

——————-

@christo1 hmm, are you on the new or old responsive engine? Please make sure you’re on a version of the plugin that matches the Bubble responsive engine you’re using (all version names of the plugin start with “New Responsive Engine” or “Old Responsive Engine”)

——————-

@t.leicht84 currently, this isn’t possible yet, is this a must-have feature for your app?

I didn’t realise that. Thanks for brining it to my attention.

1 Like

@christo1 you’re welcome. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi. I want to graph a transient function like “y=2x+3”. Is this possible?

y2x3-1.jpeg

1 Like

Hi Alex. I want to build this graph

with a box in the middle and % around the outside. I installed the plugin, but it gives me the pie not this graph. How do I create that donut graph?

1 Like

@ysys0201 thanks for reaching out! Yes, you can absolutely build a chart using a simple y =mx + b function. To so try plotting two points from that function and use the Scatter Chart (with connected points). Let me know if you have any questions.

@nicolas11 thanks for reaching out as well. In order to build a donut chart, add a cutout percentage (this is a property on the pie/donut chart element). Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Hey @alex4 ,

How would you create a bar chart grouping Users by Creation Date?

It’s a really simple use case that I can do in 2 seconds with the regular Bubble plugin but can’t find a way to do it aven after watching your Youtube Video on Bar Chart (you’re only talking about Sum there not Count)

1 Like

Hi @jeanbaptiste thanks for reaching out and for the great question!

I created a demo page to show how to use Bubble’s “Group by” feature with the charts. Here is a link to the demo: Group by - Data Demo | TechBlocks

Let me know if you have any follow up questions! Best of luck.

Alex

Hey @alex4

If I already subscribe to the plugin and want to buy perpetual subscription now, would it reflect automatically when I complete transaction? Or how would that work?

I am worried about having to unsubscribe since that messed with my app when I did it for another plugin and resulted in a ton of headaches…

Hi @alex4 ,
I bought the chartjs plugin a few days ago. However, I’m unable to get the desired results. I sent an email to your support team but no response yet.

Could you please check the below scenario and help me out how to get it working.

I’ve 2 datatypes.

First datatype is Department with one field:
Field name: Name
Field type: Text

It just has a list of department names like Marketing, HR, Information Technology.

Second datatype is Person with 2 fields:
Field name: Name
Field type: Text

Field name: Department
Field type: Department

It has a bunch of Names and corresponding department as below.

I’m trying to create a graph where it shows the number of people per department. So I should get HR - 3, Marketing - 2 and Information Technology - 1.

My page in bubble is upgraded to the new responsive engine and I’m using the chartjs responsive engine version.

In the bar chart, these are the dynamic values I’m inserting in the editor.

X Axis Values

Y Axis Values

With this said, this is the graph I get.

I keep getting the same graph even if I remove the sorting in the search for persons query.

I’d really appreciate it if you could help me resolve this. I have few other data types similar to the above setup with a lot of text data for which I need to generate counts in the graphs.

Hey @alex4

Thanks but this is exactly the example your provide in your Youtube video. That doesn’t work with my use case.

I need to create a graph displaying the number of users created each day.

This is really easy with the basic Bubble tool using this setup

Please tell me how to replicate that with your tool as I need the stacked bar feature which is not available on the regular Bubble plugin.

1 Like

Hello
How do you put a label on the graph and
how to show data by day?

Wedson Veras

@alex4 Any update? Please check and revert asap.

I have the same issue here and it would be really great if you can advice on this @alex4

@alex4 hi mate. I have an issue where I am using tabs to show different screens and one of them contains 3 charts. I am not using url params to change just states. When I change tabs and then go back to the one with the charts, the charts disappear. Any idea why?

@openocean.tampa thanks for reaching out!

If I already subscribe to the plugin and want to buy perpetual subscription now, would it reflect automatically when I complete transaction? Or how would that work?

Once you buy the perpetual license, it should reflect automatically once you complete the transaction. Let me know if you have any other follow up questions!

@smoka thanks for the question here.

I’m trying to create a graph where it shows the number of people per department. So I should get HR - 3, Marketing - 2 and Information Technology - 1.

You should be able to do a search for “Persons” in your database, use the “Group by” Bubble feature and aggregate by “count”. I’ve created a demo on this page: “Grouping by Data Fields”. Let me know how that helps!

@jeanbaptiste and @amr thanks for following up–this is actually not the same as the demo on the YouTube video. If you click into the dynamic expressions, you’ll see that I’m using the “Group by” and “Aggregate” features from Bubble’s dynamic expression. Here’s a screenshot of that expression on the page:

@paulogustavopeixoto – thanks for reaching out! Yes, which Bubble responsive engine are you using? If you’re using the new Flexbox engine, make sure you’re using a version of the plugin that starts with the words “New Responsive Engine” (Bubble did not build the new responsive engine to be compatible with Plugins using the old responsive engine, so I’m currently maintaining two versions of the plugin)

@alex4 ,

aggregate by count still doesn’t work for me. Can you recreate my exact scenario and show an example how count is working. I’d really appreciate it.

One thing to keep in mind is that I don’t have any number fields in the Person data type. Only Name and Department which are both text.

@alex4 one question mate. How can I exclude outliers on the charts? is there a setting or do I need to apply some function on the data? Is there any way to apply log aswell?

1 Like

Thanks @alex4 the “Group by” function is actually easy to understand and use. The problem is with the Aggregation. Your plugins here works well with Sum but doesn’t seems to work with Count.

I’ve tried 3,4 different ways and none of them worked. I’m curious to know how you can handle this is use case:

Build a graph showing numbers of users created per day (simply group user by creation date). As I’ve sent in this thread earlier this is really easy with native plugins but seems really painfull with ChartJS.

I’m sure there is a solution though. Waiting for your guidance :slight_smile: