[PLUGIN UPDATE] Wonderful Video&Image Slider V1.1 (Big update with lots of good news)

Hello!
How can I set my slider to show a floating group or popup if an image is clicked?

I am trying to do something like this webpage (click on any image of the top slider): 16501 West Mozart Avenue, Los Gatos, CA 95032 | ZeroDown

Best,

Hello @antonio1 !

There are two ways to this case.

1- You could use “A Wonderful Slider Double Clicked” event

2- If you want the exact scenario in your example you can include the Wonderful Slider in a group. When you click on this group, you can set up your workflow with the “Hovered Index” state of the Wonderful Slider and get the result you want.

You can see the examples I created for you here.

Preview
Editor

Best

2 Likes

Hi Eren,

I have tried to upload a .MOV file which is not supported by HTML5. And as a result, no videos are visible. What do you recommend for getting these videos to work in the slider? Do I need to convert them with another plugin or is there some other work around you know of?
I will be regularly having users uploading videos from their iphones which will be .mov files so will need some way to get them to work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott

Hello @scott.ETK

Unfortunately there is no workaround I know of. The following plugin may help, you can reach out to the plugin author to be sure.

Good luck!
Eren

thanks Eren. Appreciate the rapid response! Yes I have started playing with this plugin just now, looks hopeful. fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hello @madicav82

The feature you wanted was removed because it was a bit redundant in its current state.

I shared the example under this post, as I think different people may have the same request.

Thumbnail feature:

Preview
Editor

Best,

It works perfect! thank you very much!
There is only one little detail… if i click on the arrows the popup shows up… is there any way to fix that?

Best

I am sorry that I did not realize this problem. Occurs because the group element itself above the slider item. The only solution I can think of for this is to create your own navigation arrows. I made an example.
Please check:
Preview
Editor

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Sorry to ask again another thing…
I have a repeating group that shows images from a list. I want to open a slideshow popup when an image is clicked, but i can’t make the slideshow start from the clicked image… Is there anyway to do that?

Best!

Can you review this example @antonio1 ? I think you will find the answer to your question in this example. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

Best!

Amazing work!, from one of my fav countries in the world! (Turkey)

I have a repeating group with thousands of records, I use a lazy repeating group (aka ext vertical scrolling).

Will it work if I use an ext repeating group?
I mean, the ext RG will be in a hidden popup, is the slider able to scroll if nobody scrolls the ext RG?
otherwise if I need to load all my Rg records it will affect my performance

2 Likes

As far as I am experienced, all data in ext RG will be loaded into Wonderful Slider. Yes, the slider is able to scroll.

Best!

1 Like

Images loaded into the slider via a external site seem to load the video player instead. I have some images hosted remotely and they are listed with the filename and image extensions e.g. PNG, yet the video player shows instead. Clicking play displays a video error, as I would expect it to since it’s an image. It seems to only work with images that are hosted via bubble.

Hello @tgraham ,

The problem does not cover general usage. So, we sent you a PM. Please check…

Best

Hello to everyone.

The problem of detecting some videos as images has been resolved. You can switch to the new version. Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Eren

Hey @eren, we’re having an issue where the plugin will not work with .PNG files. is this right?

Hello @eren thanks for this amazing plugin.

I have one doubt about it, Do you know if it’s possible to point my image click to a internal page details?
I saw url list and i tried and I created a new field in my database with this url but when a click on the image nothing happens, probably I’m implementing something wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your great work.
Rafael Sallowicz

2 Likes

Hi! @justin.hume

After seeing your answer, I tried using the plugin with PNG images and had no problems. Are you sure you don’t have any other problems?

wis1

Hello! @rhoko1

There is an example for the URL list usage page. Can you check it?

Editor
Preview

2 Likes

Hey @Efe,

Turns out to be more complicated than that. Here’s the strange behavior: