[PLUGIN] - VideoJS Advanced + YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, HLS, DASH, MUX, Pre-roll Ads (plus more)

Thanks for the great plugin, was able to get it playing our vimeo videos quickly. The issue I have is that I cannot seem to find the ‘ended’ event that is available in the videoJS. I have seen mentions of there being an event for ended, but I cannot seem to find it.

I need to have a condition on a group that only shows when the video has ended. This works fine with the built in player .

Thanks in advance.

No probs, should be here…

Hi Paul,

Thanks. That’s in a workflow. I need it in a condition for an element. Does that mean I’ll have to do a workflow to ‘show’ the element instead?

cheers,

Ah ok, I see.

You can still use that event but inside it, set a custom state like “isEnded = Yes” so when it triggers, the state gets set to Yes.

Then on your group, reference that state to determine when to show it or not. You could also set the state back to false if needed within the “A VideoJS Player has started” event.

That seems overly complicated compared to the built in video player that has a simple ‘has ended’ I can check to set conditions.

Is there a reason this isn’t exposed on the player for to use on the conditions tab?

No reason, I just haven’t added it.
I can do though… actually I will do, give me a moment.

If I add a state called “video has ended” and make it Yes when the “Player has ended” event triggers, at any point after that… do you want that state to revert back to No again?

I can set it to No when the “Player has started” event triggers which will trigger if the user manually changes the progress bar and replays part or all of the video again… OR it can be reset back to No only when a new media file is loaded or in some other scenario.

Let me know what you’re thinking, and I’ll add it in shortly.

Paul

I don’t think it should revert back unless the user plays the video again.

The idea is a training platform. When the video ends, show the quiz for that video.

Ok then.

If you update now, you should see it right at the bottom as shown below.

The conditions for this are as follows.

When the end of the media file is reached, the state gets sets to Yes.
When a new media is loaded or the current play time falls to less than 1 sec then it will be set to No.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the fast turnaround on the offset. It’s hard to replicate the mute not working, so far it just seems to happen randomly.

I have update but not seeing the viewpoint options, is there something else I need to do?

Try to refresh the whole page (the bubble editor) then go into the Plugins section, and select the latest which is v1.241.0

1 Like

Anyone experiencing any outages? All my MUX videos have stopped playing…

@pork1977gm Is it possible whilst you’re shipping updates my settings could change? I’ve noticed this before but just put it down to me making an error. This time, my videos stopped playing automatically and I’m 100% certain I didn’t turn off autoplay, when I went to troubleshoot I can see this was set to ‘no’.

I will definitely check this out, I don’t think it’s to do with an update but I’ll check soon and get back to you. Open up the dev tools, see if there’s any browser errors.

I got it working again no problem but certainly odd behaviour. Autoplay had just been switched from yes to no (but not by me) haha.

Oh ok, glad it’s working again! You had me worried for a second there!

One other observation, I’m not sure if this is bubble, browser or the plug-in, but tap to play doesn’t work on a fast tap, click a click of the mouse doesn’t trigger the workflow to play. You have to do a somewhat ‘slow’ click or tap. Any ideas?

This worked wonderfully until I optimised the group layout for mobile, I have a repeating group of videos in a group that allows scrolling when overflowing. I cant get the offset to work with this set up. All videos play straight away. I’ve tried adding the ID to both the repeating group and the group which allows overflow and neither work.

I’ll PM you about these.

1 Like

@pork1977gm - quick question for you, i’ve put together a process for someone to upload a .MOV file and via API’s I convert it from .MOV => .mp4. However, not sure if the VideoJS Player has a “reload” functionality by chance?

Essentially this is what I get once my process happens:

However, once I reload the page the file shows up just find and it’s using the same URL.

I’m assuming there is a slight :mm delay from when the item is created in the database to when it’s ready to be viewed. I’m not sure if you know of any work arounds or if there is a way to “reload” the data source it’s coming from?

Appreciate any help / guidance you can provide!