[PLUGIN] - VideoJS Advanced + YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, HLS, DASH, MUX, Pre-roll Ads (plus more)

@eLPDev

Plugin now supports signed URL’s to MUX with expiration time settings.

Should be able to see it all in action here: https://paul-testing-4.bubbleapps.io/version-test/mux_upload?debug_mode=true

The link to the editor is on the page also.

2 Likes

@pork1977gm,

That’s awesome! So glad to see that in action, and that was a fast implementation, too. :+1:

One thing I noticed, though, is that I can’t seem to view the signed URL as access is restricted, which is good for those not authenticated via Bubble.

Does the solution you implemented let a signed-in Bubble user who get’s authenticated via Bubble workflows only view the videos?

UPDATE: I should add that I did upload a test video but didn’t know how to show that video in the video player on the page, so I could just be misunderstanding the steps.

Ah yeh, so that signed URL you’re trying to access there was one I did earlier and I believe I only set the expiration to 10 minutes hence why you can’t access it anymore. So once you’ve uploaded your test video, you should (with a bit of luck) see something appear in that RG at the bottom of the page. Copy the red URL, paste it into the load video input field just above the video and hit Load. It should then play. I didn’t do anything special with Bubble as to who can see what or anything to do with permissions etc.

The demo page has all signed videos set to 10mins, after that time they can’t be played. I set it in the backend workflow which runs when MUX send in data via the webhook.

That makes sense. For some reason, when I paste in the URL and click Load, I still only see the “Big Buck” video, not the video I uploaded (see left of image).

Sorry that’s the scrubbing thing! click the video to remove it!

Aha! That worked like a charm. Fantastic. :slight_smile: You just made my week with that addition.

Not sure if I’m pushing my luck with this since you’ve already helped a ton, but I noticed that I can also click the direct signed URL and download the video. Is there anything in your plugin’s interaction with Mux that prevents downloads, or is that on the Mux side of things? In the Mux docs, I saw that the download piece is typically handled via the API.

That click is made available with this setting in bubble…

If it was unchecked then you wouldn’t e able to click it.
It doesn’t stop anyone from copying that URL and poping it into their address bar which would prompt the download though. After the 10mins have expired no one will be able to download it.

I’m unsure if it’s possible to stop the download during the valid time period since the video in essence needs to be downloaded through the video player to play anyway I guess.

Problem with m3u8. How fix? Problem with Google Chrome, in Safari working

Send us the URL @nevskydevelopment and I’ll happily take a look for you.

Checking the console I can see the URL you’re trying to load is this:

https://pluton.bazonserver.site/manifest/14538/1/s1e2_720.mp4/index.m3u8?hash=lCyfbwhYe983BCM659y6oA&expires=1619675939&id=14538&s=1&name=s1e2_720.mp4

Where are you getting the URL from, it doesn’t look quite right to me and unfortunately I cannot load it either!

jerks out of the API, just checked, the link is correct, checked on another player from Zeroqode

This working

Ok thanks, I’ll check it out and make it work. Give me a bit to figure out what’s it’s doing and I’ll get back to you soon.

Where did the video come from @nevskydevelopment ?

Can you add this to the end of the URL &m3u8=yes
And let us know if that makes it play on Chrome.

So you’re full URL will be this:
https://pluton.bazonserver.site/manifest/14538/1/s1e2_720.mp4/index.m3u8?hash=lox_Q5Az9r1z8FBIfDViAg&expires=1619680450&id=14538&s=1&name=s1e2_720.mp4&m3u8=yes

Everything worked after I set the MIME type :slight_smile:
Thank you)

No probs

Looks like amazing work, but can it be used to record video from the app itself? (no pre-recorded videos)

Hi @natserrano

Right now it can’t be used to record videos and whilst I’m on the edge of my seat thinking about whether to add that in or not (which I could probably do), there’s already so much in this plugin and I’m half tempted to say “you might be better off using one of the other plugins which record video already”.

I have a few things on my list to work out today, but I’ll have a look to see how much work it will involve anyway. I don’t think it would be too difficult to implement, just need to make sure existing functionality isn’t affected.

I’ll come back to you this.

Paul