🦊 [Plugin] Web3 & MetaMask by NovaBloq

Could be something with the MetaMask, is it installed and unlocked? You can send me a link to your page so I could test it.

I didn’t even know about the integrated MM mobile browser :see_no_evil:. Thanks for pointing this out!

1 Like

Okay I will message you. What I am trying to do is send BNB. I followed the exact steps and in my account the gas fee is around 0.28 bnb but it is way less in the demo. Is there a call I need to do to get the gas price?

Currently I have the “send token” action, but that’s it

the gas fee on mine is way higher than the demo when sending a transaction

This is what happens when I choose a higher amount. It also says no conversion available

I’ve send you a private message, let’s discuss it there, to avoid spamming the forum thread.

Hey Andrew, this is Preston. I got locked out on my other account for reaching the message max. That still has not solved the problem. Its a problem with the plugin not converting the gas price. Can you please private message me on this account

@mosninco
I have written an entire book in your PM dear Preston :smiley:

In short, you are using the wrong action, and in incorrect order.
You didn’t copied the demo page example correctly.

Use a separate workflow to connect users MetaMask, and only after you are sure that the user is connected, you can do transactions.

All you need is Send token With MetaMask action

You don’t need to use Get Gas price action, the gas is calculated automatically. In the amount field you only need to indicate the total amount you want user to pay.

Look carefully how it is done in the demo example.

Also take a look in odocumentation:

https://web3.docs.ezcodeplugins.com/elemets/web3-and-metamask/actions/send-token-with-metamask

I understand that man. Go look at the link again. I have spent 10+ hours the past week adding, deleting, and re adding actions

Look where it says no conversion rate available

When I do it on the demo it works flawlessly. Same exact token

@mosninco Please write everything you want to say in one post, I’m afraid you will get an autoban again.
Also check the private messages.

Last thing I have to show. I have states set EXACTLY as the documentation and you showed. It will not calculate gas correctly

In case someone else will have the same issue as Preston, we have found where was the issue.

It was a bug when sending a native token, (example: BNB for Binance Smart Chain), the field token to send should be empty.

However, we will push an update to auto-check this and avoid further errors like this.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi, I don’t see in the docs how to use this as a login where the user can store their profile information as well. Can somebody point me in the right direction? What does the workflow need to look like?

Thanks!

@steve20

For auto-login w/o password using MetaMask, try this workflow…

1. Create signature, sign wallet, verify signature to make sure the user owns the wallet they’re signing from.
  2. Use that signature’s wallet address as an fictitious email address from a domain you own -(walletaddress@yourdomain.com) to create an account (or return user if account exists) -
  3. use a secondary email field in their profile if you want to send them emails, but don’t expose the option to login via email in the UI
    (I used 0auth for an alternative login option for those who don’t have MM installed)

Doing it like this only requires exposing the wallet address to other users in terms of data privacy. You could take it one step further and encrypt/decrypt in the process, only exposing the encrypted email to other users, which is what I did, but it gets a bit tricky.

Open to feedback or ideas for further hardening - but works like magic and I haven’t been able to break in during pen testing.

2 Likes

I should mention that this is if you need/want to use it in tandem with bubble’s login/sign up features. You could bypass that entirely via storing all of your user info in a separate database entry called mmUsers or something like that - you just wouldn’t be using any of bubble’s logged in user features that way…you could use both separately, but I could see that getting complicated and messy.

@ezdev I am getting an error when checking balance of the chain native token in the MetaMask iOS app’ browser (Mainnet). Any ideas on why this is occurring?

Do you get the same error on other devices and on desktop?
Is there anything else that this error alert says?

Thanks for idea, we will add an example to documentation or in a separate demo page, will post it here when it will be ready.

Meanwhile, you can try to follow the example from @mitchell with email if you want to use Bubble’s default “User” data base, or you can use a simple MetaMask connect and its state “is Connected” just like in our main demo.
Then you can create a database that will contain users Wallet that can be used as unique ID.

I’m only getting it in the mobile browser, the rest of the error has two urls containing what looks to be some kind of bubble generated unique ID within the uri but I didn’t know if it was sensitive data, I can pm them to you if it helps