Plugins with no UI displace other elements

Hi. I’m using some plugins like AirKeyboardShortcuts which have no UI elements but cannot be hidden and collapsed in order to work. The problem I’m facing is that they displace my other elements.

What do I need to do to allow them to continue working but not displace my other elements?

The only thing I can think of so far is to use negative offset on my UI elements to counter them, but this seems clunky and I hope there is a better way.

Thanks!

Using the align to parent layout might help; make that the parent group with the invisible element inside it in the top right corner or something and then your regular content goes inside a group that’s aligned top-middle so you can still do your normal row or column or fixed layout.

If the invisible elements can have their size adjusted, you could alternatively use the invisible element as the spacing gap between a couple of your visible elements.

I’ve used both methods and they work well.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try that. I have some in my reusable Header element, and it’s set up as a row. I’ll have to see how to use an align to parent. Maybe I need to add an extra group to achieve this.

Thanks. I’ll play around with it.

1 Like

I was able to make it work. Thank you.

1 Like

It’s my pleasure! Glad to have helped.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.