Populate RG with dynamic data

Hey all, need some more help again. I have a database of services which was added through a form. In the form is a drop down field for categories which was also added via a form… so lots of dynamic data being used. I am trying to populate a list of services broken down by category. See image below for what I’m trying to do.

In the red boxes should be the list of services but particular to the category which is shown above the boxes. I cant seem to get the RG to show just one type of service, such as just the Towing category.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Canuck

Hi Canuck. So this is how i’d approach this. In each red box put a repeating group.

So i am assuming you have a data type called “Services” and a field name in the data type called “Category” (of type text).

Set “Type of content” of the repeating group to Services. And for the “Data source”, do a search for services i.e. “Search for Services”.

Then within that search add a constraint where Category is equal to the name of your category.

For example, Category = Towing

Then repeat this process for each category.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Leonidas,

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought as well but unfortunately its not showing me the categories. When i look in the app data under services i can see the list of categories under service categories, which i used instead of just categories.

So lets go back a step for a second so you know how i entered the categories then attached them to the service. I have an “Add new category” page which has a field called Category. Then i have another form where I add the service and in the form i used a dropdown to show the list of categories but to attach that category to the service i named the field service category.

I hope this info helps.

Side note… I’m not a coder if you can tell

Thanks

If you share your editor with me I can try point you in the right direction.

To do this, go to Settings > General > Privacy & Security > Application rights and set to “Anyone can view”. Then send me the URL link to your editor. You can also send it to me in a private message if you feel more comfortable with that.

Side note… me neither :wink: I don’t think most of us are.

Just sent you PM

Thanks again for your help Leonidas.

This is now resolved. Turned out being a nested search being the issue.