Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Prevent Accidentally Deleting the Wrong Fields in DB When Editing Data Types

When editing fields in a Data Type, it’s WAY too easy to accidentally delete the wrong field, and there’s no confirmation before deleting a field for Data Types. The editor’s undo button also doesn’t undo this action, so if you deleted the wrong field and don’t remember which field came after/before the one you meant to delete, it’s not always easy to figure out which field to restore. I’ve admittedly done this several times.

Here’s an example of what I’m seeing, and keep in mind that this is on a 32" monitor, so the comment/delete icons are REALLY far away from the field names/labels. I’ve deleted the wrong field multiple times now, and it’s getting frustrating:

So, 2 ideas…

1. Please add a confirmation box before deleting Data Type fields which lists the Field’s name/label.

2. It would be super easy and very helpful if every even/odd row had a different background, something like:

Even just that (CSS below) would really help prevent folks accidentally deleting the wrong field.

.data-editor .data-tabs .right-pane .field:nth-child(odd) {
background-color: #f9f9f9;
}
6 Likes

Agreed. Had this happen to me a few times and took me forever to figure out which to restore.

2 Likes

Great idea! Or at the very least get the editors undo button to undo this action

3 Likes

I end up just temporarily making the window really narrow so all the icons are right up against the field names

3 Likes

I do that too but its super annoying

2 Likes

I was doing that too, but like @ralphlasry said, it’s pretty annoying and makes it so I have to exit full-screen mode just to have confidence when editing Data Type fields. Not the greatest UX, for sure.

For now, I’m using Styler Beta - Chrome Web Store, which allows me run custom CSS whenever I use Bubble.io. I just added the CSS from my original post, and it works like a charm!
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 12.12.54 PM

3 Likes