Problem exporting a list of things to Bubble from Parabola

I’m getting this JSON error when trying to export from Parabola to Bubble.

{
  "body": {
    "message": "Invalid data for field Main_Models: [1:1 Matched Reference] cannot be parsed as a JSON",
    "status": "INVALID_DATA"
  },
  "statusCode": 400
}

Here’s what I’m sending it:
{
“data”: {
“Main_Brand”: “1:1 Matched Reference”,
“Main_Models”: “[1:1 Matched Reference]”
},
“headers”: {
“Authorization”: “Bearer XXX”
},
“method”: “POST”,
“url”: “https://app.subaligner.com/version-test/api/1.1/obj/MBM/
}

I think the problem is that I’m trying to upload a list of things. I can upload this CSV file fine from the back end of Bubble, but it’s annoying and time consuming. I have run into the same problem while trying to complete this task with a workflow form within Bubble.

I realize that the first item you see in the code is not a list of things. Some rows have a list. Some don’t. Again, it works fine uploading directly to Bubble from the App Data table, but nowhere else.

Solved!
I was just missing the double quotes for a string in JSON. Apparently Bubble didn’t mind that I was missing this, so I never noticed, but the JSON in Parabola did mind.

1 Like

Hi @nathanlively

Where can I find the documentation about 1:1 Matched Reference ? I understand that “Main_Models” should be a List of Models in your Bubble table Brand.

2 questions:

1. what is “Main_Brand” referring to in Bubble (ids in table Brand) ?
  2. to be 100% sure, is “Main_Models” a list of Bubble Ids from Models table ?
  3. when you do “Detect Data” you are supposed to receive a List of Models ? (I’m currently getting a List of Text which is an array of Ids)

Would be happy if you can share your workflow both in Parabola and Bubble

Thanks for your help
Cheers

Where can I find the documentation about 1:1 Matched Reference ?

When you you choose 1:1 Matched Reference a little “i” icon appears to the right. Click it for a pop-up explanation.

what is “Main_Brand” referring to in Bubble

I have a data type called Main Brand. All of the brands are entered there.

is “Main_Models” a list of Bubble Ids from Models table

Main Models is another custom data type. I just enter all of the models so that bubble can access them quickly.

when you do “Detect Data” you are supposed to receive a List of Models

I’m not sure I understand the question. I’m not really a developer so some of your question may be lost on me.

share your workflow both in Parabola and Bubble

Oh , man, it’s pretty complex at this point. Probably unnecessarily so. I upload all of my CSV files to Dropbox. The Parabola flow starts by deleting my entire database in Bubble, except for users. Then it uploads all of the CSV files to Bubble. The trick was getting the JSON correct.

@nathanlively thanks for your anwser

Sorry if my questions weren’t clear. My question is: were you able to add from Parabola to Bubble a List of Things (i.e. Models, like a whole row) or a List of Texts (i.e. Models, like “Model1”, “Model2”, “Model3” for “Brand1”) ?

I’m looking to add a List of Things using 1:1 Matched Reference but thanks I will look at the documentation, couldn’t find it in the first place.

Cheers

Hey Minh.iae, I’m sorry. I still don’t quite understand the difference. I’m not really a developer.