Problem Saving Dropdown Changes

Have a page where I display field values loaded for a record from an Data Type called Item. The page has a dropdown field to allow the user to change the Sub-Category for the record.

I’ve added a Submit button to the page and a frontend workflow that triggers off the button to save the change. I added an action Make Changes To Thing as shown below.

i added a constraint to verify that the unique_id for the record was the same unique_id stored in the URL path for the page.

When the action runs, the changes aren’t made. Any help appreciated.

What Type have you declared your Get Path From URL to be? (unique ID is a Text value, so the type needs to be Text)

The type was okay - but I checked it out and discovered I had to add 's value to the unique_id = Get path Page From Page URL unique_id constraint statement. That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks

The Type is NOT ok in your screenshot.

Get path Page From Page URL unique_id constraint statement. That seems to have fixed it.

That will work - but is completely unnecessary - if you’re going to do that there’s no need to do a search at all - just get the thing from the URL directly instead of searching for it

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.