Project Management Platform - Invite Non-Registered User

Hi there, I am being tasked to build an in house project management platform, and one of the many technical roadblocks that I am facing recently is on how to invite a Non-Registered user (both consultants and 3 rd party contractor) to a specific project page and yet, still allow them to collaborate (post and reply RFIs, for example) without requiring them to register as a user.

Sorry if this is a double post, but I just couldn’t find the post that is relatable to the problems that I am facing.

Regards.

Yifei

Just throwing out some thoughts. I haven’t had this use case but here is how I would think about it.

So you will have essentially 3 different categories of users

1. Registered users who have full admin privileges;
  2. Non-registered users (consultants etc) who have some privileges; and
  3. Everyone else, who should not have any access.

Your app will need a way of knowing the current user is a non-registered user rather than just a random visitor.

Options

1. You can do this by providing an invite link to your Non-registered user which contains a key. When the page is loaded and if that key is present in the URL, you know you are dealing with a non-reg user. Could also set a cookie on that user so the site remembers them between sessions.

2. You could create a user account for the non-reg user in advance then they just “sign in” by entering their email address. Assuming bubble lets you create a user without a password.

I should say both of these are not particularly secure, naturally. It would be best to require log in.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.