Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Pupulate Group Form with Database Entry

Silly question but hopefully someone can help me out.

I have managed to set elements in a repeating group called Cameras with details from my database depending on a dropdown on the main page which lists Camera1 Camera 2 etc.

I want to give people the ability to edit the details of the camera that they are currently on and so have added a icon that opens a hidden group (in the repeatable group) with the editable fields for their camera. However, I cant figure out how to populate the fields of this previously hidden group with the details of the current camera.

Dropdown selection changed camera name correctly:

Hi there, @AlexKehoe… do you have the Type of content of the hidden group set to Camera and the Data source set to Current cell's Camera? If you set up the hidden group like that, you will be able to set the Initial content of the editable Name field to Parent group's Camera's name, and the current name will show up when the hidden group is shown. Does that make sense?

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately i could find the Current Cell’s option which would have made things more obvious to me. However, I appear to have got it to work with the settings shown in the picture below so its all good :slight_smile:

Thank you v much for your help

1 Like

One more quick question, how do I delete the currently displayed details?

Ive created a delete button and tried to assign a workflow to it to Delete a List of Things, but it didnt like any of the things I tried to set.

If you mean you have added a button that enables the user to quickly remove the pre-populated values (as opposed to the user just clicking in the field and manually removing the value), then you don’t want to delete anything. Rather, you want that button click to either reset an input or reset data, and both of those options are available under Element Actions in the workflow.

Best…
Mike

Hi mike, resetting displayed data is fine. In this instance I’d like to completely delete the currently displayed database record

Oh, I misunderstood… sorry about that. It looks like you are trying to delete a list of things, but you just need to delete a single thing (something like Current cell's Camera or Parent group's Camera).

Best…
Mike

Hi @mikeloc, great thanks so much. I changed it to Parent Groups Camera for a single thing and now its working. I think I did actually try that earlier but there was an element blocking my DELETE from being clicked in the live viewer. Works a charm now that ive deleted that other object

1 Like