Question about sub apps or handling a customer portal on our main app with a different subdomain

Hi everyone,

I can’t seem to find any information on this so was wondering the best way to do this. We have our main application, say mainapplication.ourdomain.com. I want to add a customer portal capability to it which ideally would be customerpotal.ourdomain.com. I could create a whole separate app just for the portal and use the Bubble App Connector plugin to connect the two, but ideally having them be on just one seems easier and is a lot less work as well as less expense, as the customer portal doesn’t have a ton of users on it to warrant it.

Is that where sub apps would come into play? And can I have 2 different subdomains for the same app, or would the main system and the customer portal both need to be mainapplication.ourdomain.com? I’m pretty flexible in terms of how I accomplish this, just was curious if that’s the purpose of sub apps or if they are used for something else.

@lmoreau

what did you settle on in the end to achieve the sub-domain structure that you outline above?

did you end up purchasing 2 bubble plans, or did you achieve all of this in 1 plan alone?

Many thanks!

Any update on this? I have the same question