Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Realtime counting the number of characters

When counting the number of characters, it will not be counted unless the focus is removed from the input form. I was in trouble with this, so I created a plugin (charged) that counts the number of characters in real time. Please use it when you have a problem.

■plugin

■demo

2 Likes

Awesome - thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I have this problem but more so with input validation (as you say, you need to click out the input in order for the content to validate.)

1 Like

As you said, input validation is done when you are out of focus. This has a negative impact on the user experience. I can’t think of a good solution, but I’ll reply if I find one.

theCountable is a plugin that does pretty much the same thing as this one by @ZeroqodeSupport

1 Like

Johnny, even if you know a similar plugin, you shouldn’t say it here. My plug-in won’t sell. But that’s useful information. I wish I knew it early :joy:

I used theCountable plugin previously and encountered some serious bugs - almost got my app into trouble as users were bypassing the character limit.

I approached @pon.mikan10 and he very kindly helped me extend his plugin functionality with exact what I needed.

He’s super responsive. His plugin is light-weight and works perfectly well. Definitely 100% recommend his plugin:

1 Like