Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Rearrange events in bubble based on the date

Hi there

We are organizing events. through bubble our customers have an account and can see the upcoming events from current ones and ones further in the future.

Normally we have planed all the events in advanche and already put them in the app so user can see them and sign up.

Now spontaneously we decided to do 2 more events in the next week. Because we created them in bubble by today they drop down behind the events in january. Now users cant see the events in a chonological order.
now one will scroll down further to end of january to see if there are more events in december.

In the screensho you can see the events in the bubble database, they are not in the right order. and they are shown in the exact same order for the customer.

How can I change this order, without deleting all the events again? (because some people already signed up for january events, so I cant delete them)

Thanks so much!! :slight_smile:

Hi there, @noii… I assume you are showing the events in a repeating group, and if I understand your post correctly, it sounds like the events are being shown in chronological order by the creation date of the thing in the data type as opposed to the start date of the event. If you add a sort to the repeating group to sort by the event start date, you should be able to achieve the desired result (again, assuming I am understanding your post correctly).

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Yes you understood it correctly, that is exactely what is happening, bubble shows the events in chronologial order by the creation date.
Do you know how to add a sort?
I just found this video: How to Sort Dynamically Using Change Which Field | Bubble Quick Tip - YouTube

I guess it goes in the right direction. Thanks a lot already!!

You should be able to select the start date field in this dropdown, and then you will get the option to sort in either ascending or descending order.

1 Like

You are the best, worked out perfectly! thanks so much :smiley:

1 Like