Recurring Task Todo Tutorial

In Bubble Manual: More features for your to-do app at https://manual.bubble.io/learning-bubble/more-features-for-your-to-do-app.

(4) Allow the user to create a recurring Todo, meaning…
-The user can choose to have the Todo happen every 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month
-When the user completes a Todo that’s recurring, create a new Todo at the given interval away from the original Todo
-Let the user customize how often it recurs.

Does anyone know if there is any tutorial for these features? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I just provided some guidance on a related question. The 2 scenarios are not identical, but you would use the same approach to solve your problem with a backend workflow API endpoint that calls itself.

The main difference is that you will not have an only when to end the loop, and will schedule the next call at the desired interval.

1 Like

I was thinking of telling them the same thing but thought backend workflows might be a little advanced for a new user.

What about having something like, when the person checks off this on their list then it creates a new item 30 days, 7 days, 1 day from now Only when the item is repeating.

What do you think? Would that be a simpler approach?

1 Like

But that’s still a decent level of complexity, and my experience is that it’s best to lead someone to the best practice. Just one person’s opinion.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the related guidance. Will try through the approach! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.