Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Refresh Text Field by clicking button with values from the Database

I have a project where I am stuck and I hope you can help me.

I have a database with a list. In this list are quotations.

Now I have a text field and a button.
In the text field a new quote is inserted randomly at every refresh. But this happens only with a refresh.
But when I press the button, I want a new quote to be displayed randomly in the text field.

I tried for a long time but I couldn’t get it to work.
With a workflow I can trigger the button and tell it different things, for example that it should hide the quote but somehow I can’t tell it to insert and overwrite a new quote…

Hope you understand what I mean.
Would you be so kind and could give me a hint ?
Please as detailed as possible

Hi there, @mergim.rexha94… if I understand your post correctly, one way to go about doing what you have described is to put the text element into a group and set the Type of content of the group to the data type where the quotes are saved. Then, set the dynamic content of the text element to be the Parent group's Quote's quote text (assuming a data type called Quote and a text field within that data type called quote text). Finally, add a button that, when clicked, displays data in the group, and the data to display is a search for quotes with the :random item operator at the end of the search.

Hope that makes sense, and I hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.