Register/Attendance Help Please

It would look like this. How would i make it so when you change the mark of the user to temp save until i submit?

For example I choose Present from the Mark Dropdown and then i click the check it temp saves until i submit it?

If I understand your outline correctly, you want to change the drop down and click the check mark, but not make changes to the database until after you submit it. I would approach it like this:

On the repeating group, create two custom states, one for Present and one for Absent. Make the type User and click to make both states lists.

Then, create two workflows for when the check icon is clicked. For the first one, add a conditional for only when the drop down equals Present. Add an action with a conditional to remove the user from the Absent Custom State if it contains them. Add a second action to add the user to the Present state.

For the second workflow, do it the other way. Add a conditional for only when the drop down equals Absent. Add an action with a conditional to remove the user from the Present custom state if it contains them. Add a second action to add the user to the Absent state.

Then on final submit, have to actions. The first one makes changes to a list and its source is the Present list. It changes the user to present. The second action is on the Absent list and changes them to absent.

Thank you,

I am also wanting to do a seperate Data Called Register/Attendance how would I do that? How would it display all the users?

@jdiaz

Hey @everything1,

To display all of your users, you would simply need to make a repeating group of users.

I mean, I am wanting it on a different data i don’t want to add it all on user or would i have to do that?

For example I create a new data type called Register

Then in the repeating group i search register would they be a way it would display all the users instead of doing users?
@johnny

I’m a bit confused about what you’re asking. Are you wanting to display another group of users under a different field?

What would i do after i’ve done this?

It’s fine now i’ve worked it out on that part

1 Like

What are you trying to accomplish here?

I am trying to do a register/attendance type.

So basically when you choose present, absent, late or excused from the dropdown i want it to save until I submit the register.

@johnny

Save it as a custom state.

How do i do that?

Just save the list of students present, late, excused, etc as a state on your page or your group, then when you go to “register” save the list of present, late, excused, etc students as each individual state.

Oh so when i click the button register do you click create a new thing?

Yeah, that’s what I would assume your database is setup.

I can’t find this when i’m trying to create a new thing

@johnny

No. You’d set your custom state of individuals who you mark present, absent, etc. Then through the custom state you save the list of students who are present, etc.

I’m confused on the custom state bit. Where do i create that can you just tell me how i would do that step by step?