[RELEASED] Selectize dropdown

I just want to say amazing plugin!

I’ve struggled for several hours trying to make my own search and focus group dropdown and it was a mess!

I searched the plugin store, but somehow I missed your plugin initially - I was searching for search dropdown, maybe add search to your plugin title :man_shrugging:. Eventually I found this thread.

So glad you built this - thank you :pray:

Hi @mciocirlan
Thanks for the review

I will consider adding a reference to the searchable feature

If you need any help, let me know :wink:

Calling “Refresh Option List” always generates the error message below. I tried with a simple static list and it’s always the same error.

Hi!
Refresh option list is mostly to use with Dynamic value. You seem to use static, so normally, you shouldn’t need to refresh the option list.

Hi Jici - I tried with dynamic values as well but it doesn’t work either. The way I need to populate the dropdown is from a list returned in a call to an external API (via API connector). The return list is saved to a Custom State. I can see the comma-separated list is updating properly as I display the content in a separate text box.

Normally, the dropdown should change the option list when the Custom State list is updated. I tried this by entering the Custom State list in the Static List as well as in the Dynamic List. But it doesn’t work in either case. So I tried calling the Refresh Option List and I get the error message I posted before.

PS: I just tried the standard Bubble dropdown behavior using the same Custom State as the source for the Option List. It updates the list whenever the Custom State is updated without making any additional calls.

Hi
Thanks, I will check with API to see if there’s a limitation.

You cannot compare Bubble Plugin or element with a Plugin. Bubble have some power that we don’t have when they build plugin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But the reason that actually any change on data source doesn’t reflect automatically (without the Refresh action) is that it will trigger the Item Added or Created Event if something new appear in the list. So actually, this is also a limitation on the Selectize library. I’m expecting a silent option in a future release.

Let me do some test and check how we can make it work for your case :wink:

Great - thank you. I don’t mind calling the Refresh from the workflow but it has to work.

I’m actually very surprised that no one else encountered this before because it is a very common use case. For example: two dropdown boxes. The first shows category, the second gets populated with subcategories for the user’s category choice. Or select Country in the first and populate second with Cities corresponding to the country selected.

I think not a lot of user use it with API (from the support requests I get, it’s always related to DB thing).

And in my demo page, I’ve only have one with API example too and I didn’t test with API (that is different from a DB thing,sadly :frowning: )

I will send you a PM message to know more about your issue. Actually, I cannot reproduce the issue using my example with country API but it’s may be a setting that is different than your

Actually, you don’t need data from an API Connector to replicate the issue. Just try to set the Option List from a workflow step to a Custom State that has any kind of text list.

The type is important.
Are you using Text as dynamic type?
Or the static list?
DB thing and “field” type in Bubble also behave differently with plugin (should be simple, but it’s not. So if you set the type to “text” in dynamic type, it will cause issue. At this moment, will be better to use static list.
But if you set to the type of the API List, it will should work.

Anyway, I will implement the static in refresh option too.

With a Dynamic List, the Selectize dropdowns show just “Loading…”. See screenshot. On the right side I have a regular Bubble dropdown control. The source for both dropdowns is the same list of texts from a custom state.

1 Like

Looks like Refresh Options List still doesn’t work with the Static List. And the Dynamic List doesn’t work as per the last reply. Can you give me an estimated date when one of these alternatives would work?

@user2 I will send you a PM

Here is the screenshot. “cats” is a custom state that contains the result returned from a call to an external API. “cats’s catlist” is a list of texts (categories). When I call the external API to update “cats” I want the selectize dropdown to update “catlst”. It’s not that complicated but it doesn’t work.

I will send you email thanks

New version available!
I got a bunch of new request since two weeks… here’s a new version :wink:

• Auto-refresh option. Useful if you wan’t to use the user query (search input) to filter data in DB and get less results. Be aware that this option may trigger New Item Created everytime new options are loaded.
  • Handle now empty dynamic list. If the dynamic list result is nothing, the dropdown will be empty. Usefull if a user can create new options even if no one already exist.
  • Refresh static list.
  • Select your own delimiter. Before the delimiter was a , for initial value, static list… you can now choose to use something else. So if you have options that contains a comma, this is no more a problem!
  • Custom grouping. You can now group by a CSV list of data. For example, you are using a related DB and wan’t to use this DB info to create group, you can now do it. Use the same Data source (Dynamic data)'s related field’s field you want to use to group:join with , (comma, or any other delimiter of your choice. Just be sure to have the same delimiter set in the delimiter field).
  • Dynamic placeholder
  • Other minor fix

Feel free to reach me in PM if you have any issue :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Jici,

Running into this error, any ideas?

Hi @johnny When you run this action, is the Dropdown visible on page?

Yes it is

Awesome Plugin !!! :heartbeat: :heartpulse: :hearts: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Muchas Gracias , bestMan###, The Plugin is worth it!!!

1 Like