Removing item from state list throws "temporary bug"

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with repeating groups and removing items from a state list.

I essentially want to have a repeating group of checkboxes. This repeating group itself would be populated based on the available data. E.g. if you’d visit the website and pants would not be in stock, there would be no point in offering pants.

That is important to highlight, as many solutions that I found online seem to approach the topic much more static (option sets, hard coded field), which would not work for me. Neither do single selects. It has to be a list of items.

I follow the same approach as in this video Create and save list selections | Bubble.io Tutorial - YouTube

This is a demo app https://demousecasesinbubble.bubbleapps.io/version-test?debug_mode=true , that highlights, that the functionality of plus-item and minus-item works on statically defined items, but it doesn’t work when minus-item is called on an already selected item within a repeating group. Whenever I try to remove an item, a “temporary bug” error gets thrown.

I am happy about any suggestion that you might have on how to fix it. :slight_smile:

So I managed to fix it, however I don’t know why.

What I did was to set the state list to a new data type. In the examples the values of the cells were a field of an existing data type.

To fix it, I basically followed the tutorial that can be found here: Filter products in a repeating group by data type with Custom States | Bubble.io | Planetnocode.com - YouTube

While in the tutorial previous to the above one (to be found here: Create shop filter using custom states & option sets | Bubble.io Tutorials | Planetnocode.com - YouTube) he used an option set, he used an entirely new data type for the categories. And this is what I did now as well.

As long as it works, I am happy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.